Author Topic: ‘Uncoordinated’: Internal watchdog raps Pentagon’s UFO tracking effort  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Uncoordinated’: Internal watchdog raps Pentagon’s UFO tracking effort
“The DoD has no overarching UAP policy,” a report says.

The image from video provided by the Department of Defense labelled Gimbal, from 2015, an unexplained object is seen at center as it is tracked as it soars high along the clouds, traveling against the wind.

By MATT BERG

01/25/2024 02:58 PM EST

The Defense Department’s effort to identify UFOs is “uncoordinated” and could have overlooked threats to the United States, according to an unclassified version of a report from the Pentagon’s internal watchdog released Thursday.

In the report, originally released last August but containing classified sections, the DOD’s inspector general reviewed the department’s policies and procedures for detecting, reporting and analyzing UFO reports that have flooded the department in recent years.

After an investigation, the IG found that the Defense Department doesn’t have a “coordinated approach,” has developed varying processes for collecting and analyzing UFO reports, and has largely excluded regional military commands — which are responsible for detecting and deterring threats against the United States — in developing policies.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/25/internal-watchdog-pentagon-ufo-tracking-00137890
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Pentagon uncoordinated?  No earthly way! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson