Author Topic: Black community faces ‘new tension’ as illegal immigration soars  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Black community faces ‘new tension’ as illegal immigration soars
© Provided by State Of The Union

The discussion revolves around the impact of immigration, particularly illegal immigration, on the Black community in the US.

Author Marcus Collins highlights the tension and competition over limited resources, emphasizing the impact on cultural collaboration and the complexities of illegal immigration.

Collins said, “Immigration, writ large, has a material impact on Black culture.”

“As new immigrants come in, they ultimately can create a collective of the marginalized, right? Which fosters collaboration among cultural producers,” he continued.

“I think when you start to think about illegal immigration, it creates a new frame by which we think about this influx, because it’s no longer just more underestimated people coming into the market,” explained Collins.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/black-community-faces-new-tension-as-illegal-immigration-soars/ar-BB1hgiqu?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=b71cdec764de4d40af4bb0e352f18727&ei=25
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Black community faces ‘new tension’ as illegal immigration soars
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 02:40:57 pm »
Now I want to hear Biden call blacks terms like racist, greedy, privileged for standing up for themselves like he does whites. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson