Author Topic: Democrats Push Biden Administration to Shut Down Ammunition Plant Supposedly to Prevent Mass Shootin  (Read 600 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
RedState by Jeff Charles 1/25/2024

Democrats Push Biden Administration to Shut Down Ammunition Plant Supposedly to Prevent Mass Shootings

Democrat attorneys general are calling for an investigation into the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in an effort to shut down the facility. The Missouri-based plant, which is the largest producer of small arms ammunition in the U.S., has become one of the latest targets of the anti-gunner crowd in their quest to keep as many Americans disarmed as possible.

The Democrats’ request, which is ostensibly intended to curb the availability of “military-grade rounds” in the commercial market, is supposed to be a step towards decreasing the prevalence of gun violence. However, like their other schemes, a closer look shows that this is just another way to make it harder for responsible Americans to possess firearms.

All 28 Republican attorneys general responded with a letter sent to the Biden administration countering claims that Democrats made in their initial overture to the White House. The letter affirms that the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment “guarantees a personal right to each law-abiding citizen to ‘keep and bear arms.’”

But Americans cannot exercise this constitutionally protected right to use their firearms without access to ammunition. If your office does what the Democrat attorneys general ask, then ammunition prices will increase, and ammunition availability will decrease. And those restrictions on ammunition will not resolve any of the ills discussed by our colleagues. Those attorneys general wrote to you casting aspersions and requesting an investigation of Lake City because they allege that the plant’s commercial ammunition was used in mass shootings. Perhaps those States should focus more on prosecuting crime to stop mass shootings—rather than trying to stop lawful Americans’ use of guns and ammunition. Their tactic is an overt attempt to punish Americans’ exercise of their Second Amendment rights.

In the letter, the Republican officials point out that shutting down the plant would substantially impact the availability of ammunition and raise prices on ammo. “If your office does what the Democrat attorneys general ask, then ammunition prices will increase, and ammunition availability will decrease,” the letter reads.

More: https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/01/25/democrats-push-biden-administration-to-shut-down-ammunition-plant-supposedly-to-prevent-mass-shootings-n2169224

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I don't care what the government does, if I have to dry out my chicken pen for potassium to make my own gunpower, I will have a bang bang. I don't care if I have to make it out of a pipe and nail.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Amazing, I guess the morons think that the only place 5.56 X 45 available to the public comes from is this Ammunition plant? Not like a bad actor couldn't just load up on .223 instead. No one is fooled by this, all they really want to do is make 5.56 scarce and drive up the  price which. Of course it would also mean less available to our own military the Ukraine, and other allies....I guess democrats would consider that a bone-us.