Author Topic: Will the USMC Fumble Maneuver Warfare and defy the Nature of War?  (Read 294 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will the USMC Fumble Maneuver Warfare and defy the Nature of War?
By GI Wilson / 4 Comments / 10 January 2023

Summary: Force Design 2030 is the USMC’s plan to smash its traditions and re-configure itself to fight China. See the USMC website and the Wikipedia entry for details. Many retired USMC officers believe this to be an unrecoverable error. Here is a second post explaining why.

“Force Design 2030 Fumbles Maneuver Warfare
and the Nature of War”
By Col. Gary I. Wilson, USMC (ret.), LtCol. William A. Woods, USMC (ret.), and Col, Michael D. Wyly, USMC (ret.).

Reform button

In the ongoing spirited debate concerning Force Design 2030 (FD2030, the Marine Corps’ singularly-focused-tactic, technique, and procedure (TTP) for the reorganization and employment of its forces in the Indo-Pacific region in the event of a war with China, reaches a very revealing milestone with the publication of the Force Design 2030 Annual Update – May 2022. This, the third iteration of FD 2030, was encouraging in its reference to maneuver warfare – the first such reference to the Corps’ warfighting doctrine of maneuver warfare in any FD 2030 document. In the Conclusion (page 17) the Commandant Gen. David Berger emphatically states that “our ethos, our discipline, and our maneuver warfare approach is not changing.”

https://fabiusmaximus.com/2023/01/10/force-design-2030/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Will the USMC Fumble Maneuver Warfare and defy the Nature of War?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 06:51:24 pm »
How can the Marines maneuver when Berger took their tanks and helos away?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Will the USMC Fumble Maneuver Warfare and defy the Nature of War?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 08:42:57 pm »
Fire and maneuver in the Pacific Ocean requires submarines, ships, airplanes and other non-fixed platforms for projectile, bomb, and missile delivery.

In World War II, the Japanese were able to seize and occupy islands with small defense forces - Wake Island, Attu, and Kiska, and eventually the Philippines.

Islands are fixed fortifications that can be over-run because of their inherent lack of mobility.

For the Chinese Communist Party, trade, diplomacy, espionage, and political infultration are their most effective offensive weapons.  They won't need to "invade" if their host(s) "invite" them in.

There is strategic value for the air force, navy, army, coast guard, and NOAA to build or occupy islands to check the PLA's expansion, but, they will be indefensible without naval submarine, surface, and air superiority.

Marines are supposed to advance, not be stationary.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.