Author Topic: Amish family’s horse and buggy parked outside Walmart stolen while they were shopped  (Read 706 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Amish family’s horse and buggy parked outside Walmart stolen while they were shopped
By Social Links forOlivia Land
Published Jan. 24, 2024, 12:33 p.m. ET

A Michigan Amish family’s horse and buggy was stolen from outside a Walmart while they shopped over the weekend, police said.

The family – who have not been named publicly – were inside the store’s Sturgis location around 5:30 p.m. Saturday when the suspect made off with their transportation, the Sturgis Department of Public Safety said.

“The victims had gone shopping at Walmart and came out to find their horse and buggy stolen,” the official statement read.

“A truck driver, parked in the Walmart lot, had seen a female steal the buggy…Police had contact with the suspect earlier in the day at Walmart,” it continued.

It is not clear exactly why police previously dealt with the suspect.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/24/news/amish-horse-and-buggy-stolen-from-outside-walmart/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 06:20:44 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Still, A KIA is easier to steal.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I hope they had the horse LoJacked.

Online libertybele

I hope they had the horse LoJacked.

I don't care who ya are; that there is just plain funny.  :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't care who ya are; that there is just plain funny.  :rolling:
Unless it is your prime mode of transport and you consider a new one can easily cost nine grand.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis