Author Topic: Elite University Donor Pledges To Pull Funding, Calls On President To Resign Over Diversity, Equity  (Read 522 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Elite University Donor Pledges To Pull Funding, Calls On President To Resign Over Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
Cornell University Cancels Friday Classes After Student Federally Charged With Making Antisemitic Threats

BRANDON POULTER
CONTRIBUTOR
January 24, 2024

A Cornell emeritus trustee and donor announced in a Tuesday letter that he would pull funding and called on the president to resign while criticizing the school’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).

Cornell’s commitment to DEI is “misguided” and has disgraced the university, Jon Lindseth wrote in the letter addressed to the Board of Trustees and to Chairman Kraig Kayser. He pledged to stop contribution until the school “reformulates its approach to education” by eliminating “DEI groupthink” and called for university President Martha Pollack to resign. (RELATED: Harvard Will Keep Antisemitism Task Force Co-Chair Who Signed Letter Calling Israel A ‘Regime Of Apartheid’)

“The lack of acknowledgement, responsibility, or accountability from the administration in addressing the major threats now confronting the University has left me, as one of her appointed counselors, with the disappointing task of calling for President Martha Pollack’s resignation,” Lindseth wrote. “Provost Michael Kotlikoff should also resign for his close involvement in the denigration of Cornell’s academic legacy under DEI.”

He also wrote that he has “spent years hearing the stories of Cornell and its leadership, participating as a student, and sponsoring and funding some of the University’s exemplary past work including the Library,” but that he “can no longer make general contributions until the university reformulates its approach to education by replacing DEI groupthink with the original noble intent of Cornell.”

https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/24/cornell-donor-pledges-pull-funding-calls-president-resign-diversity-equity-inclusion/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Billionaires can found new universities, devoid of DEI.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.