Author Topic: Ex-Trump adviser Peter Navarro sentenced for contempt of Congress in Capitol riot probe  (Read 325 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ex-Trump adviser Peter Navarro sentenced for contempt of Congress in Capitol riot probe
By Social Links for Steven Nelson
Published Jan. 25, 2024, 12:35 p.m. ET

Former Trump White House official Peter Navarro was sentenced Thursday to four months behind bars for contempt of Congress for flouting a subpoena from the House select committee that investigated the 2021 Capitol riot.

Navarro, 74, argued that he couldn’t comply with the subpoena for his testimony and relevant documents because of executive privilege, but that claim was rejected in court and a DC jury convicted him in September of two counts of contempt of Congress.

“I haven’t heard a word of contrition from Dr. Navarro since this case began,” US District Judge Amit Mehta said before imposing the penalty.

The former presidential trade adviser made an unsuccessful plea for mercy, but Mehta still exceeded the mandatory minimum of two months of incarceration.

Navarro insisted to journalists as he arrived that he was the subject of “a very important landmark constitutional case that is going to resolve important issues about the Constitution’s separation of powers as well as the integrity and efficiency of presidential decision-making.”

morehttps://nypost.com/2024/01/25/news/ex-trump-adviser-peter-navarro-sentenced-for-contempt-of-congress-in-capitol-riot-probe/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Contempt for Congress charges seem to be situational and dependent on who is doing the contempting

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

DOJ "Selective Prosecution".

Contempt for Congress charges seem to be situational and dependent on who is doing the contempting
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.