Author Topic: Chicago Councilman Poses Novel Solution: Wealthy Neighbors Should Sign Up to House Illegal Immigrant  (Read 890 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Councilman Poses Novel Solution: Wealthy Neighbors Should Sign Up to House Illegal Immigrants
By Ben Kew | 2:50 PM on January 24, 2024

An Illinois councilman has an interesting idea for dealing with the state's rapidly growing influx of illegal immigrants.

Councilman Josh McBroom, who represents the affluent district of Naperville, suggested that residents of his "affluent community" take illegals into their homes to remove the rapidly increasing burden on the state's taxpayers.

"In the event of a massive influx of migrants, I do believe our city is prepared,” Councilman McBroom said during a discussion about housing transient migrant families on their way to Chicago.

“The public should also know taxpayer dollars are not, and will not, be used to house any potential migrants in the neighborhood. There’s been some misinformation out there.”

McBroom added he would not support using taxpayer money to fund the state's response.

“I’m not going to support using other peoples’ money to house or aid. I do know there’s a lot of people who do care. I think we live in a compassionate community,” he continued.

“We do have a very affluent community, a lot of big homes, and what I'd like to do is direct staff to create a signup sheet for individuals that would be willing to house migrant families.”

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1749776182961213453

more
https://redstate.com/benkew/2024/01/24/chicago-councilman-has-interesting-idea-for-solving-citys-illegal-immigrant-crisis-n2169156
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Chicago and Illinois quickly moves thousands of migrants from shelters into homes across the South and West sides. But will they stay?
Story by Nell Salzman, Chicago Tribune • 20h

Migrants across the city are leaving shelters in droves, their belongings stuffed in trash bags they load into Ubers or Lyfts, which they’ve often arranged themselves to head to new homes.

More than eight months after state and city leaders said they wanted to help thousands of migrants find homes in Chicago, the government assistance program covering their initial months of rent is moving faster than ever.

Migrants are now mostly settling on the South and West sides, where they say rent is more affordable with the approximate $1,500-a-month rental assistance they say they receive from the state. Working in partnership with the city, nonprofit organizations in Chicago and case managers from Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago, the state has spent $41.4 million so far to resettle more than 5,000 households, according to the Illinois Department of Human Services.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-and-illinois-quickly-moves-thousands-of-migrants-from-shelters-into-homes-across-the-south-and-west-sides-but-will-they-stay/ar-BB1jbfWb?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d2c3296367664968b1d1af2b9a6c4270&ei=19
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson