Author Topic: Female Army colonel fired over sexual assault, harassment allegations  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Female Army colonel fired over sexual assault, harassment allegations
By Zamone Perez
 Jan 24, 02:14 PM

An Army officer was fired from her command due to a pattern of sexual harassment and assault against male subordinates, according to a report first published by Military.com.

Col. Meghann Sullivan was relieved of her command of the 5th Security Force Assistance Brigade’s Engineer Battalion last fall by Maj. Gen. Donn Hill, the Security Force Assistance Command commander, according to a statement from SFAC. Sullivan’s firing at the time was cited “due to a lack of confidence” in her ability to command.

Sullivan did not immediately respond to questions conveyed through I Corps public affairs or SFAC public affairs. The 5th SFAB, which is based out of Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington state, is a hub for Indo-Pacific operations. Sullivan, a West Point graduate, was the first woman to ever lead an SFAB battalion, according to the 5th SFAB.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/01/24/female-army-colonel-fired-over-sexual-assault-harassment-allegations/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Female Army colonel fired over sexual assault, harassment allegations
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 02:09:37 pm »
Oh come on.  She's probably just a sweet person.  Or is it the military needs a sacrificial ewe every now and again to show the military is an equal opportunity career destroyer? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson