Author Topic: Military to cover IVF for unmarried couples, single troops and more  (Read 167 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military to cover IVF for unmarried couples, single troops and more
By Meghann Myers
 Jan 24, 01:04 PM

Military health insurance will soon cover in-vitro fertilization for more troops. (Air Force)
Service members seeking fertility treatments are about to have a lot more options, thanks to a lawsuit filed last year.

The Defense Department has decided to lift previous regulations that only covered in-vitro fertilization for legally married couples using their own sperm and eggs, according to a Dec. 26 court filing in the New York state lawsuit.

A new policy is due out next month that will allow single troops, unmarried couples and any service members using donor sperm or eggs to have their treatment covered, according to a release from Yale Law School, which filed the suit on behalf of National Organization for Women – New York City in August.

Under the revised policy, service members in any relationship status can have IVF covered. They can also use donor sperm or eggs, where previously TRICARE would only cover IVF if the couple seeking treatments provided their own cells, excluding anyone who cannot produce viable sperm or eggs.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/01/24/military-to-cover-ivf-for-unmarried-couples-single-troops-and-more/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Military to cover IVF for unmarried couples, single troops and more
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 02:03:22 pm »
Will it pay for trannies to obtain a uterus and then have the IVF?  Will white troops be eligible?:pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson