Author Topic: Wealthy Illinois Town Considers Sign-Up List for Residents With ‘Big Homes’ Willing to House Migrant  (Read 312 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wealthy Illinois Town Considers Sign-Up List for Residents With ‘Big Homes’ Willing to House Migrants
Story by Dan Gooding • 16h

Leaders of a wealthy Chicago suburb suggested last week that residents who could help out with the area's migrant crisis might sign up to house some of those in need of accommodation.

Naperville City Council Member Josh McBroom told attendees at a meeting on Jan. 16 that he believed the town was "a compassionate community."

“We hear from people that we should do more,” McBroom said. “We do have a very affluent community, a lot of big homes.”

The council member said those homes could be used to help those in need right now, as Chicago and the surrounding area tries to find shelter for tens of thousands of migrants who have shown up since spring 2022.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wealthy-illinois-town-considers-sign-up-list-for-residents-with-big-homes-willing-to-house-migrants/ar-BB1hcFSV?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=c597feeb6d094803b0db16286dddb0f8&ei=81
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why shouldn't homeless Americans be the first priority? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
“We hear from people that we should do more,” McBroom said. “We do have a very affluent community, a lot of big homes.”

You first, Josh.

Put your name right up at the very top of that "list".

Lead by example and show the rest of us rubes how it's done.

(we'll be waiting...)