Author Topic: Were the Saudis Right About the Houthis After All?  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Were the Saudis Right About the Houthis After All?
« on: January 25, 2024, 10:04:14 am »

Were the Saudis Right About the Houthis After All?
© AP

Informed Americans finally seem to understand that the macabre slogan of Yemen’s Houthi militia group—“God is the greatest, death to America, death to Israel, a curse upon the Jews, victory to Islam”—is more than empty rhetoric.

The Houthis are a potent Iranian proxy group, and their slogan, adapted from Iranian revolutionary propaganda, is being made manifest in action. They’ve attacked Red Sea shipping lanes more than 30 times since October 17, under the implausible pretext of aiding Hamas and protesting Israeli military actions in Gaza.

Washington long held, against Saudi protestations, that the Houthis didn’t or couldn’t possibly pose a significant threat beyond Yemen. Now the United States is leading a large coalition of countries determined to restore maritime security against Houthi piracy in the Red Sea. Surely those behind Washington’s efforts are asking themselves: Were the Saudis right about the Houthis all along?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/were-the-saudis-right-about-the-houthis-after-all/ar-BB1hckPP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=c597feeb6d094803b0db16286dddb0f8&ei=43
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Were the Saudis Right About the Houthis After All?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 10:05:44 am »
The Houthis aren't jihadists, they've been affected by global warming. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson