Author Topic: Chicago Democrat torches city leaders as clinics close, closed schools used to make way for migrants  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago Democrat torches city leaders as clinics close, closed schools used to make way for migrants
Story by Charles Creitz • 11h

A South Side Chicago activist, who launched a state representative bid in hopes of curbing the repercussions of the Windy City's sanctuary status, said on Wednesday that city leaders need to understand "illegal" means "illegal."

Chicago Against Violence founder Andre Smith told Fox News the burgeoning migrant crisis in the city is not the fault of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott – as city leaders have claimed – but Democratic Mayor Brandon Johnson.

"Seeing our homeless on the [streets] and crime is at an all-time high, you know you can't make ‘illegal’ ‘legal’ no matter… how you do it," Smith said.

Johnson however, said recently his office has "responded to this humanitarian mission with the full force of government," before calling Abbott "reckless" for sending buses "all over the state of Illinois."

Smith said he has launched a Democratic primary bid for the Illinois State House, where he will be challenging Rep. Kimberly du Buclet according to local reports.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-democrat-torches-city-leaders-as-clinics-close-closed-schools-used-to-make-way-for-migrants/ar-BB1hdby4?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=c597feeb6d094803b0db16286dddb0f8&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson