Author Topic: Migrant Crisis - Mass to spend $1 Billion in Fiscal Year 2025 for Emergency Shelter System  (Read 169 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Keep sending those illegal migrant buses, trains, plains, ships, and zeppelins up North.

For Texans, a one-way out-of-state bus ticket is a pittance compared to all the costs they'd incur if they didn't send the illegal imigrants out-of-state.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2024/01/24/maura-healey-files-58b-budget-that-banks-of-legislative-buy-in-to-cover-shelter-deficit/
Maura Healey files $58B budget that banks on legislative buy-in to cover shelter spending
Healey cuts about $1 billion in spending to balance out expenses

By Chris Van Buskirk | cvanbuskirk@bostonherald.com
PUBLISHED: January 24, 2024 at 1:04 p.m. | UPDATED: January 24, 2024 at 6:53 p.m.

Gov. Maura Healey filed a $58 billion state budget Wednesday that banks on an unconvinced Legislature to approve the use of one-time dollars to meet the nearly $1 billion Massachusetts is expected to spend on state-run emergency shelters in fiscal year 2025. ...

...  Healey funded the emergency assistance shelter program — which is required under a decades-old law to provide housing to homeless families with children and pregnant people — at $325 million, the same amount her administration approved in fiscal year 2024.

But only weeks earlier, the state’s finance and housing departments projected Massachusetts will spend $915 million on shelters in fiscal year 2025, a staggering increase driven by a surge in migrant arrivals and crushing housing costs here. ...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 12:20:12 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.