State Chapters > Texas

Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground

(1/45) > >>

Elderberry:
Powerline by  Steven Hayward 1/24/2024

Texas Governor Greg Abbott is standing his ground in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s dreadful ruling on Monday to allow the Biden Administration to tear down the fencing Texas put up along its southern border to effect what the Biden regime refuses to do: Control the border.

Statement Here:https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/Border_Statement_1.24.2024.pdf

Elderberry:
https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-issues-statement-on-texas-constitutional-right-to-self-defense

Governor Abbott Issues Statement On Texas’ Constitutional Right To Self-Defense

January 24, 2024 | Austin, Texas | Press Release

Governor Greg Abbott today issued a statement on Texas’ constitutional right to defend and protect itself as President Joe Biden continues to attack Texas and refuse to perform his duties to secure the border.

"The Executive Branch of the United States has a constitutional duty to enforce federal laws protecting States, including immigration laws on the books right now," reads the statement. "President Biden has instructed his agencies to ignore federal statutes that mandate the detention of illegal immigrants. The failure of the Biden Administration to fulfill the duties imposed by Article IV, § 4 has triggered Article I, § 10, Clause 3, which reserves to this State the right of self-defense. For these reasons, I have already declared an invasion under Article I, § 10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas’s constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary."

berdie:
Biden will stir up Texit even more than it already is.

I'm very proud of Abbott.

240B:
When? How much longer? Until Texas, Florida, Texarkana will be free!
Texas legislators would not allow a resolution on Texas secession.
Because they knew ... they knew it would pass.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on January 24, 2024, 11:27:47 pm ---https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-issues-statement-on-texas-constitutional-right-to-self-defense

Governor Abbott Issues Statement On Texas’ Constitutional Right To Self-Defense

January 24, 2024 | Austin, Texas | Press Release

Governor Greg Abbott today issued a statement on Texas’ constitutional right to defend and protect itself as President Joe Biden continues to attack Texas and refuse to perform his duties to secure the border.

"The Executive Branch of the United States has a constitutional duty to enforce federal laws protecting States, including immigration laws on the books right now," reads the statement. "President Biden has instructed his agencies to ignore federal statutes that mandate the detention of illegal immigrants. The failure of the Biden Administration to fulfill the duties imposed by Article IV, § 4 has triggered Article I, § 10, Clause 3, which reserves to this State the right of self-defense. For these reasons, I have already declared an invasion under Article I, § 10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas’s constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary."

--- End quote ---

I'm hoping that TX continues to stand strong.  :patriot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version