Author Topic: Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground  (Read 24818 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground
« on: January 24, 2024, 11:15:00 pm »
Powerline by  Steven Hayward 1/24/2024

Texas Governor Greg Abbott is standing his ground in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s dreadful ruling on Monday to allow the Biden Administration to tear down the fencing Texas put up along its southern border to effect what the Biden regime refuses to do: Control the border.

Statement Here:https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/Border_Statement_1.24.2024.pdf

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 11:27:47 pm »
https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-issues-statement-on-texas-constitutional-right-to-self-defense

Governor Abbott Issues Statement On Texas’ Constitutional Right To Self-Defense

January 24, 2024 | Austin, Texas | Press Release

Governor Greg Abbott today issued a statement on Texas’ constitutional right to defend and protect itself as President Joe Biden continues to attack Texas and refuse to perform his duties to secure the border.

"The Executive Branch of the United States has a constitutional duty to enforce federal laws protecting States, including immigration laws on the books right now," reads the statement. "President Biden has instructed his agencies to ignore federal statutes that mandate the detention of illegal immigrants. The failure of the Biden Administration to fulfill the duties imposed by Article IV, § 4 has triggered Article I, § 10, Clause 3, which reserves to this State the right of self-defense. For these reasons, I have already declared an invasion under Article I, § 10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas’s constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary."

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 11:32:06 pm »
Biden will stir up Texit even more than it already is.

I'm very proud of Abbott.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 11:49:55 pm »
When? How much longer? Until Texas, Florida, Texarkana will be free!
Texas legislators would not allow a resolution on Texas secession.
Because they knew ... they knew it would pass.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 12:11:26 am »
https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-issues-statement-on-texas-constitutional-right-to-self-defense

Governor Abbott Issues Statement On Texas’ Constitutional Right To Self-Defense

January 24, 2024 | Austin, Texas | Press Release

Governor Greg Abbott today issued a statement on Texas’ constitutional right to defend and protect itself as President Joe Biden continues to attack Texas and refuse to perform his duties to secure the border.

"The Executive Branch of the United States has a constitutional duty to enforce federal laws protecting States, including immigration laws on the books right now," reads the statement. "President Biden has instructed his agencies to ignore federal statutes that mandate the detention of illegal immigrants. The failure of the Biden Administration to fulfill the duties imposed by Article IV, § 4 has triggered Article I, § 10, Clause 3, which reserves to this State the right of self-defense. For these reasons, I have already declared an invasion under Article I, § 10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas’s constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary."

I'm hoping that TX continues to stand strong.  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 12:19:46 am »
Yeah I am too.  Here's hoping things don't get ugly before it's over.
Well, the view from the cheap seats is that Biden and Company are trying to provoke an incident and the SCOTUS is helping them. This bodes ill for the Republic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 12:25:33 am »
 Abbott doubles down on border ‘invasion’ declaration after Supreme Court blow
by Rafael Bernal - 01/24/24 4:08 PM ET

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Wednesday accused the federal government of breaking the compact with the states following a Supreme Court ruling on Monday that cleared the way for the Border Patrol to remove razor wire installed by Texas along the U.S.-Mexico border.

In a statement, Abbott said, “President Biden has refused to enforce [immigration] laws and has even violated them.”

It’s the latest escalation in a legal and political standoff between Texas and the federal government, though Abbott stopped short of announcing any specific measures.

He has been pushing constitutional boundaries on state versus federal jurisdiction of border and immigration enforcement for the better part of two years; his legal team, including state Attorney General Ken Paxton, first publicly toyed with the idea of formally declaring a border “invasion” in April 2022.

In that November, Abbott wrote Biden invoking a state’s constitutional right to wage war when invaded, but he only made his official invasion declaration public in September.

more
https://thehill.com/latino/4427387-abbott-texas-border-invasion-supreme-court-immigration/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 12:28:50 am »
The United States is Constitutionally bound to protect Texas from invasion.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2024, 12:34:59 am »
   He should have done this years ago, as should've Perry and Bush.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 12:43:32 am »
Well, the view from the cheap seats is that Biden and Company are trying to provoke an incident and the SCOTUS is helping them. This bodes ill for the Republic.

I'm not surprised @Roberts siding with the DEMS but I was somewhat surprised with Barrett.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 12:44:21 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2024, 01:02:39 am »
?????

Dem Lawmakers Urge Biden To Seize Control Of Texas National Guard

Two Democratic members of the House of Representatives urged President Joe Biden to federalize the Texas National Guard on Wednesday.

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas issued a defiant statement after the Supreme Court ruled the Biden administration could cut concertina wire placed by the state on the border in which he said the National Guard was among agencies erecting barriers. Democratic Reps. Joaquin Castro and Greg Casar of Texas demanded Biden seize control of the National Guard in response to the statement...................

“Governor Greg Abbott is using the Texas National Guard to obstruct and create chaos at the border,” Castro posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. “If Abbott is defying yesterday’s Supreme Court ruling, @POTUS needs to establish sole federal control of the Texas National Guard now.”

Federalizing the National Guard is an action that has been undertaken by a president before. Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower federalized the Arkansas National Guard after Democratic Gov. Orval E. Faubus of Arkansas used it to prevent black students from attending Central High School in Little Rock in 1957................

https://www.conservativereview.com/dem-lawmakers-urge-biden-to-seize-control-of-texas-national-guard-2667080610.html

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2024, 01:40:53 am »
The NorthEast government said to Texas <- No, you are not allowed to defend your own State or your people.
Texas said, OK ... come here and make me into a latte sucking stupid whimp like you. Let's see you do it.
Put your money where your mouth is.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2024, 02:18:15 am »
Greg Abbott Uses 'Supreme Law' of Texas to Give Soldiers Power Over Biden

Newsweek by Rachel Dobkin 1/24/2024

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has declared his state's "right to self-defense," using "the supreme law of the land" to give soldiers power over President Joe Biden on immigration at the U.S.-Mexico border.

Abbott issued a statement on Wednesday criticizing Biden for violating "his oath to faithfully execute immigration laws enacted by Congress."

In his statement, Abbott said the Biden administration's failure to "protect each [State] against invasion," as stated in Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution, "has triggered Article I, § 10, Clause 3, "which reserves to this State the right of self-defense.

"For these reasons, I have already declared an invasion under Article I, § 10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas's constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary."

Abbott said that the "Texas National Guard, the Texas Department of Public Safety, and other Texas personnel are acting on that authority, as well as state law, to secure the Texas border."

Amid Abbott's legal battles with the Justice Department, which claims that the governor's deterrence tactics impede federal law, there have been calls for Texas to declare independence from the United States, a movement being coined as Texit.

More: https://www.newsweek.com/greg-abbott-uses-supreme-law-texas-give-soldiers-power-over-biden-1863773

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2024, 03:26:00 am »
I'm not surprised @Roberts siding with the DEMS but I was somewhat surprised with Barrett.

Amy Coney Barrett Says Ruling For Open Border Has Nothing To Do With Landscaping Work She Needs Done This Summer

Jan 23, 2024

WASHINGTON, DC — Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett fielded questions from reporters regarding her controversial vote to remove razor wire from the Texas border and claims it has absolutely nothing to do with her plans to re-landscape her yard this summer.

"My plans to have a nice row of Elm trees planted along the southern fence of my backyard has nothing to do with my vote to allow more gardeners, er, I mean illegal immigrants, into the country," Justice Barrett explained.

The Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 vote against Governor Greg Abbott's efforts to stop the flow of illegal immigrants entering the United States through Texas's southern border. Justice Barrett voted to allow border patrol agents to remove razor wire placed there by Texas officials, a move she said has nothing to do with her search for a landscaping crew that's affordable and will work for cash payments.

"My yard plans have nothing to do with my vote to allow the river of illegal migrants to continue to pour across the border," Justice Barrett said. "Now, if Governor Abbott happens to send a bus of hard-working cheap laborers up to the East Coast and I happen to pick up a few of those laborers in the parking lot of my local Home Depot and they happen to install a nice flagstone path between my deck and backyard veggie garden, so be it."

As of publishing time, Justice Barrett had downloaded the language-learning app Duolingo on her phone and was learning all the ways to say "I want Kentucky Blue Grass planted over there by the rock wall, please,"  .  .  .

https://babylonbee.com/news/amy-coney-barrett-says-ruling-for-open-border-has-nothing-to-do-with-landscaping-work-she-needs-done-this-summer

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2024, 11:17:14 am »
BORDER SHOWDOWN: Texas’ Constitutional Right to Defend Against Invasion Supersedes Federal Law, Says Governor

RANDY CLARK and BOB PRICE24 Jan 2024138

Texas Governor Gregg Abbott asserts Texas’ constitutional right to defend and protect itself as it relates to the ongoing border crisis gripping the state. His analysis comes in a statement issued on Wednesday while state and federal authorities square off over granting federal agents access to Shelby Park in Eagle Pass, Texas. Governor Abbott ordered state authorities to seize the park in early January. The statement faults President Biden for refusing to enforce immigration laws in the state.

Abbott’s statement asserts in part:

President Biden has violated his oath to faithfully execute immigration laws enacted by Congress. Instead of prosecuting immigrants for the federal crime of illegal entry, President Biden has sent his lawyers into federal courts to sue Texas for taking action to secure the border.

President Biden has instructed his agencies to ignore federal statutes that mandate the detention of illegal immigrants. The effect is to illegally allow their en masse parole into the United States.

By wasting taxpayer dollars to tear open Texas’s border security infrastructure, President Biden has enticed illegal immigrants away from the 28 legal entry points along this State’s southern border— bridges where nobody drowns—and into the dangerous waters of the Rio Grande.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/01/24/border-showdown-texas-constitutional-right-to-defend-against-invasion-supersedes-federal-law-says-governor/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 11:18:02 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2024, 03:17:34 pm »
President Biden Urged to Seize Texas National Guard - Joe Manchin Calls for National Emergency
By Ward Clark | 7:50 PM on January 24, 2024

On Wednesday, Representative Joaquin Castro (D-TX) called on President Biden to "seize" the Texas National Guard by calling them into Federal service, removing them from the command and control of the State of Texas. This is presumably in response to Texas Governor Greg Abbott's defiant tone towards the Biden Administration on closing the border.

A Texas congressman has urged President Biden to take the state's National Guard under federal control if Republican Governor Greg Abbott defies a Supreme Court ruling allowing federal agents to remove razor wire from a section of the U.S.-Mexico border.

The call was made by Democratic Representative Joaquin Castro after Abbott posted on X, formerly Twitter, saying the Texas National Guard would continue to "hold the line in Eagle's Pass," a popular migrant crossing point, stating: "Texas will not back down from our efforts to secure the border in Biden's absence."

Castro re-shared Abbott's post on his own X account, adding: "Governor Greg Abbott is using the Texas National Guard to obstruct and create chaos at the border.

This idea by Rep. Castro raises some interesting questions:

Were the President to activate the Texas National Guard under Title 10, what would their orders be? To assist federal officers in throwing open the gates?
    What happens if members of the Texas National Guard refuse activation and instead continue to follow the orders of TX-ANG officers and Governor Abbott?
    What if the Texas Guard splits, and former comrades end up facing each other across that red line?
    If the Pentagon sends federal troops, how willing are they going to be to confront other Americans to allow the continued invasion of the country?
    Is there any possibility that there may be open conflict between Texas and federal officials?

more
https://redstate.com/wardclark/2024/01/24/president-biden-urged-to-seize-texas-national-guard-joe-manchin-calls-for-national-emergency-n2169174
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 03:18:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2024, 03:19:00 pm »
The States would have never ratified the Constitution if it meant they couldn't defend themselves.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2024, 03:21:11 pm »
This is how civil wars start.  Does Castro and others actually expect Texas National Guardsmen to obey orders handed down from above by U.S. Army officers, at the behest of Biden?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline American Girl

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2024, 03:24:15 pm »
More will join. The federal government doesn't want any part of red states. They and blue states need to be very careful going forward.

I'm glad to see other states stepping up. I hope Abbott makes his needs known and that there are millions of Patriots in this country ready to help.
https://www.rightjournalism.com/as-national-guard-troops-from-across-the-country-begin-to-arrive-in-texas-heres-the-full-list-of-states-that-have-deployed-personnel-and-resources-to-operation-lone-star/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2024, 03:26:12 pm »
The States would have never ratified the Constitution if it meant they couldn't defend themselves.
That concept died on Pratt Street, and in a harbor in South Carolina, long ago.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2024, 03:31:07 pm »
 :patriot:  Abbott is absolutely correct and I hope that he continues to stand his ground. I'm afraid things are going to get more ugly than they already are.

It's alarming that SCOTUS ruled as they did.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2024, 03:35:13 pm »
TEXAS vs. DEEP STATE FEDERAL CORRUPTION

That shit might work on the coasts ... but it don't work in Texas.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 03:36:00 pm by 240B »

Offline LadyLiberty

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2024, 03:40:35 pm »
I am so relieved and glad to see resistance to the FEDS overwhelming push to allow the invasion of our country.

Kudos to the states helping out; Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Idaho, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, Montana and Georgia. :patriot:

All 50 states should be helping out and those that aren't should be ashamed.  Some are complaining that there are too many illegals yet they do nothing. They'd rather stand behind corruption and mayhem.