Author Topic: Collins, leading Senate GOP centrist, won’t endorse Trump in 2024  (Read 133 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Collins, leading Senate GOP centrist, won’t endorse Trump in 2024
by Alexander Bolton - 01/24/24 12:36 PM ET

Sen. Susan Collins (Maine), the top-ranking Republican on the Senate Appropriations Committee and a key figure in getting bills passed through Congress, says she will not endorse former President Trump, even if he becomes the Republican Party’s nominee for president.

Asked if she could see herself endorsing Trump if he wins the nomination, Collins replied: “I do not at this point.”

The highly respected Maine senator was one of seven Senate Republicans to vote to convict Trump on the impeachment charge of inciting insurrection during his second Senate trial in 2021. 

She expressed optimism about former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s (R) chances of competing with Trump in a two-person race, even though Trump beat Haley by 11 points in Tuesday’s New Hampshire primary. 

“I’m glad to hear last night that Nikki Haley is determined to stay in [the race.] I think the more people see of her, particularly since she appears to be the only alternative to Donald Trump right now, the more impressed they will be,” she said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4426835-collins-wont-endorse-trump-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34