Author Topic: California job growth falls by most in the nation post-pandemic: report  (Read 1051 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CALIFORNIA Published January 23, 2024 8:11pm EST
California job growth falls by most in the nation post-pandemic: report
California's hiring slowed by 54% in 2019-2023 compared to 2015-2019, which exceeded the 40% nationwide slowdown

By Eric Revell FOXBusiness

California is the most ‘mismanaged’ state in the US: Kevin O’Leary
OLeary Ventures chairman Kevin OLeary joins ‘The Big Money Show’ to discuss the ongoing push for electric vehicles and California’s decision to raise the minimum wage.

California experienced the largest decline in job growth in the U.S. when comparing job creation in all states before and after the COVID pandemic, a new report finds.

An analysis by the Orange County Register columnist Jonathan Lansner found that California’s job creation in 2019-2023 — a period that includes the last pre-pandemic year as well the COVID-induced shutdowns and the economy’s recovery — was 54% lower than it was in the 2015-2019 period.

The report used federal and state employment data to look at job creation across the state of California and in some of its major metropolitan areas.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/california-job-growth-falls-most-nation-post-pandemic-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: California job growth falls by most in the nation post-pandemic: report
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 04:34:34 pm »
Who would’ve thought that being hostile to business would slow job growth
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 05:02:46 pm »
Newsom-nomics.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 08:52:52 pm »
Who would’ve thought that being hostile to business would slow job growth
This has been the plan since Moonbeams first term, even RINO turd SchwartzenFkr was on board with Moonbeam's business and job hostile retreads. I wish I could remember the Bitches name or agency, CalEPA? but when she was asked by a reporter if she was bothered by her policies driving industry out of the state and causing tens of thousand of Californians to be unemployed she had a very callas answer...'that's not my problem'. Where do these democraps and Gaia worshippers think the money is going to come from to pay for running the State let alone all the freebies they give the illegals?

Well the democrats won't let businesses go without one more bite out of their asses.
https://www.flclaw.net/understanding-the-california-exit-tax/#:~:text=A%3A%20The%20short%20version%20is,and%20that%20includes%20capital%20gains.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 01:17:33 pm »
Newsom-nomics.

It could also be nuisance-nomics. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 08:15:21 pm »
Panera Bread exempt from California’s $20 minimum wage law after owner donated to Gov. Newsom: report
By Social Links for Ariel Zilber
Published Feb. 28, 2024, 3:02 p.m. ET
California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a law that exempts Panera Bread from a new $20-an-hour minimum wage hike for fast food chains after the billionaire owner of several of the chain’s locations donated to his campaign, according to a report.

In September, Newsom, a Democrat, signed into law a measure that raises the minimum wage of food fast workers from $16 an hour to $20 an hour.

But the Fast Food Accountability and Standards Recovery Act (FAST Act) includes an unusual carve-out that exempts “chains that bake bread and sell it as a standalone item,” according to Bloomberg News.

Newsom reportedly sought the exemption, which benefits among others Greg Flynn, the billionaire CEO of Flynn Restaurant Group, the company that owns some two dozen Panera Bread locations in the state. ...
More at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org