Author Topic: Upgraded F-35 deliveries slipping to fall 2024, Lockheed says  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Upgraded F-35 deliveries slipping to fall 2024, Lockheed says
« on: January 24, 2024, 02:57:29 pm »
Upgraded F-35 deliveries slipping to fall 2024, Lockheed says
By Stephen Losey
 Jan 23, 02:49 PM

WASHINGTON — Lockheed Martin’s production of the latest upgraded F-35 Joint Strike Fighters is slipping further behind schedule, and deliveries likely will not resume until the third quarter of 2024, the company said Tuesday.

Lockheed CEO Jim Taiclet told investors in an earnings call that the business now expects to deliver between 75 and 110 F-35s this year — fewer than the roughly 150 annually the company typically aims to deliver.

The delivery disruption of the newest F-35s, intended to features upgrades known as Technology Refresh 3, means Lockheed’s sales of the jet took a $400 million hit last year.

https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2024/01/23/upgraded-f-35-deliveries-slipping-to-fall-2024-lockheed-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Upgraded F-35 deliveries slipping to fall 2024, Lockheed says
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 02:58:16 pm »
By upgraded, do they mean can be counted on like other fighters? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson