Author Topic: Frustrations explode at Senate GOP lunch over border deal  (Read 227 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Frustrations explode at Senate GOP lunch over border deal
« on: January 24, 2024, 01:59:24 pm »
Frustrations explode at Senate GOP lunch over border deal
by Alexander Bolton - 01/23/24 5:30 PM ET

Senate conservatives Tuesday vented their frustrations with Senate GOP leaders over an emerging border security deal that is slated to come to the Senate floor in the next few weeks, warning that an agreement with President Biden may wind up being worse than doing nothing at all. 

Republicans including Sens. Mike Lee (Utah), Ron Johnson (Wis.) and Ted Cruz (Texas) complained about being left in the dark about key details and warned that the deal could hurt Republicans’ chances of keeping control of the House in the 2024 election, according to senators present at a lunch meeting where the issue was discussed. 

Senators said their colleagues were close to shouting at each other as tempers flared during the contentious discussion. 

“Several points of view came out … at decibel levels a little higher than normal,” Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.) quipped about the heated debate over the expected deal on Ukraine funding and border security. 

“I think it’s because it’s taken so long, and now there’s talk about maybe getting something to the floor and voting on it in a day or two. I think that would cause a real uproar,” Braun said. “It’s going to be a large, complicated bill to where you don’t have adequate amount of time to pour through it properly.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4425038-border-deal-frustrations-senate-gop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Frustrations explode at Senate GOP lunch over border deal
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 02:17:47 pm »
 ////00000////

May I suggest that the soup for the next Senate GOP lunch be turtle soup?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.