Author Topic: CNN plunges behind History Channel, obscure Western network in prime time ratings  (Read 1677 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CNN plunges behind History Channel, obscure Western network in prime time ratings
Story by Ariel Zilber • 14h

Ratings-challenged CNN’s total viewership in prime time last week lagged behind the History Channel and an obscure cable network — founded by televangelists Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker — that plays Western TV shows and films, according to the latest figures released by Nielsen.

The “most trusted name in news” — which recently hired former New York Times and BBC boss Mark Thompson as its CEO — had an average of 538,000 nightly viewers in the 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. block during the seven-day period from Jan. 15 until Jan. 21, according to the most recent data compiled by Nielsen.

The weak ratings were generated despite coverage of the Iowa caucus, which saw former President Donald Trump easily rout GOP contenders in his bid to regain the White House.
CNN not only finished behind rivals Fox and MSNBC, but was the 10th most-watched channel on cable, getting beat by Hallmark, The History Channel and INSP, a South Carolina-based channel founded in the late 1970s by the Christian televangelists.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cnn-plunges-behind-history-channel-obscure-western-network-in-prime-time-ratings/ar-BB1h9dlN?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=faad282740bf468ca6edcd1a420c5e56&ei=62
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm surprised the ratings are that high! :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Ratings-challenged CNN’s total viewership in prime time last week lagged behind the History Channel

CNN not only finished behind rivals Fox and MSNBC, but was the 10th most-watched channel on cable, getting beat by Hallmark, The History Channel and INSP, a South Carolina-based channel founded in the late 1970s by the Christian televangelists.

CNN is on its way to becoming a subject presented on the History Channel!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline mountaineer

INSP carries old (c. 1950) episodes of the Gene Autry show - who wouldn't prefer that to CNN?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I didn't know they could stack ratings that high!
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

INSP carries old (c. 1950) episodes of the Gene Autry show - who wouldn't prefer that to CNN?
There are actually two or three western networks available on Roku.

Offline DB

CNN's reboot failed when they stayed woke. Too bad for them...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
CNN's reboot failed when they stayed woke. Too bad for them...
That is true. I remember all the halapalloo after CNN+ crashed and burned, about how CNN had seen the light. They were now committed to become a real legitimate news reporting outfit, instead of a DNC mouthpiece.

Then ... nothing changed. They stayed on exactly the same path to suicide they were on before. Strange and weird, but you have to admire their commitment to self-destruction. People talk about 'going down with the ship', these guys actually did it. You have to respect that ... in a twisted and weird way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

There are actually two or three western networks available on Roku.

You don’t have to go to Roku.

GRIT is dedicated solely to western of both media, and METV shows a lot of the programs too.  Think GET might also.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline goatprairie

You don’t have to go to Roku.

GRIT is dedicated solely to western of both media, and METV shows a lot of the programs too.  Think GET might also.
I'm currently binge-watching "The Virginian" on FreeVee. I can watch the episodes in sequence from season one on.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm currently binge-watching "The Virginian" on FreeVee. I can watch the episodes in sequence from season one on.

Roku has Red Green....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: