Author Topic: In-N-Out Burger's closure in Oakland due to crime issues 'heartbreaking' but necessary, observers sa  (Read 530 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MEDIA Published January 23, 2024 5:00am EST
In-N-Out Burger's closure in Oakland due to crime issues 'heartbreaking' but necessary, observers say
'You can’t have a police car at every business 24/7'

By Kendall Tietz FOXBusiness

Oakland activist opens up on push to save city from 'phony woke progressives'
'Neighbors Together Oakland' founder Seneca Scott shares his efforts to fighting back against progressive policies as crime surges Oakland 'The Bottom Line.'

The fast food burger chain In-N-Out is a California staple, but its only Oakland location announced Sunday it would have to shutter amid rampant crime. 

The Oakport Street location, which is highly profitable, will close its doors on March 24, according to an announcement made by the company CEO.

"We have made the decision to close our In-N-Out Burger location in Oakland, California, due to ongoing issues with crime," Denny Warnick, the chief operating officer at In-N-Out, said in a statement. "Despite taking repeated steps to create safer conditions, our Customers and Associates are regularly victimized by car break-ins, property damage, theft, and armed robberies.

"We are grateful for the local community, which has supported us for over 18 years, and we recognize that his closure negatively impacts our Associates and their families," he added. "Additionally, this location remains a busy and profitable one for the company, but our top priority must be the safety and well-being of our Customers and Associates – we can’t ask them to visit or work in an unsafe environment."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/in-n-out-burgers-closure-oakland-due-crime-issues-heartbreaking-necessary-observers-say
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
My ship was homeported in Alameda in the early 70s and many a night my friends and I stumbled back through Oakland under the alchofluence of inchohol and never were attacked.  Oh, we were aware of the potential but never overly concerned.  How things have changed. *hmmmm*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I read this stuff and think that if the woke left wants their Cloward-Piven, let's start with the cities. Let the businesses shut down, let the services be overwhelmed, let the local govt collapse and let the anarchy begin.

The woke Left wants population reduction? Let's start there. You want to vote Rat and have chaos? Then by all means let the games begin. They've forced it to this result and let the scumbags take themselves out till there's stability and peace.

Yes I know good people will get hurt. And those good people consistently vote Rat to enable the situation. They've all ran out of sympathy from me.

Change or die.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

The need to rename Oakland to Chicago-on-the-Bay to make it sound more gentrified.

Who knew crime was bad for business and quality of life?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.