Author Topic: Key GOP lawmaker mulls funding cuts for medical schools pushing DEI  (Read 291 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Key GOP lawmaker mulls funding cuts for medical schools pushing DEI
"[W]e are supposed to be absolutely colorblind to the greatest extent into the broadest definition of the meaning when we take care of patients," he said.

By Ben Whedon
Published: January 22, 2024 5:18pm

Updated: January 22, 2024 5:19pm

In the wake of a Johns Hopkins diversity officer's distribution of a "monthly diversity digest" email labelling white people, Christians, and men as "privileged," one Republican lawmaker is mulling funding cuts for medical schools pushing such concepts.

Earlier this month, Dr. Sherita Hill Golden's email outlining allegedly "privileged" groups attracted went viral and prompted her to retract it in short order. The episode has since contributed to the growing public scrutiny of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives in higher education.

Appearing Monday on the "John Solomon Reports" podcast, Maryland GOP Rep. Andy Harris, who received his MD from Johns Hopkins, fumed over the contents of the email and dismissed the university's response as mere "window dressing."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/education/key-gop-lawmaker-mulls-funding-cuts-medical-schools-pushing-dei
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Key GOP lawmaker mulls funding cuts for medical schools pushing DEI
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 05:17:02 pm »
I'm having spinal surgery in two weeks and if I thought for one second the surgeon's major qualification was the color of his skin, I'd chose to suffer with what I have than risk having it made worse. :thumbsdown:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Key GOP lawmaker mulls funding cuts for medical schools pushing DEI
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 05:38:48 pm »
DEI = white males need not apply
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.