Author Topic: Doomsday Clock has been reset, reveals how close humanity is to destruction: ‘Global catastrophe’  (Read 391 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Doomsday Clock has been reset, reveals how close humanity is to destruction: ‘Global catastrophe’
By Social Links for Brooke Steinberg
Published Jan. 23, 2024, 10:24 a.m. ET

Is humanity doomed?

The annual update of the Doomsday Clock was announced at 10 a.m. this morning in Washington, DC.

The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists announced that the Doomsday Clock this year was set to 90 seconds to midnight — for the second year in a row, “reflecting the continued state of unprecedented danger the world faces.”

Last year, the clock was also set to 90 seconds to midnight — the closest it’s ever been to midnight in the history of the clock.

“Make no mistake: resetting the Clock at 90 seconds to midnight is not an indication that the world is stable. Quite the opposite. It’s urgent for governments and communities around the world to act. And the Bulletin remains hopeful—and inspired—in seeing the younger generations leading the charge,” Rachel Bronson, PhD, president and CEO of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, said in a statement.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/01/23/lifestyle/doomsday-clock-reset-how-close-humanity-is-to-destruction-revealed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There is a widening Mineshaft gap. We must not allow a mine shaft gap!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Stalinist-Communist propaganda-dinosaurs. Their "Doomsday Clock" propaganda tool has been near "midnight" for some 77 years. Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

The Doomsday Clock, a relic from the 1980s, deserves some music from the 1980s ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbRHY1l0vc

... when 2 minutes to midnight was supposed to keep us awake at night.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 05:52:03 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

Stalinist-Communist propaganda-dinosaurs. Their "Doomsday Clock" propaganda tool has been near "midnight" for some 77 years. Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

Yet the two closest years to destruction are with a Stalinist-Communist in the White House.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Not all that soon, I hope. I have a freezer full of meat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org