Author Topic: Op-ed: How Biden Gave Up on Ridding Us of Criminal Aliens — Putting Us in Danger  (Read 269 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Op-ed: How Biden Gave Up on Ridding Us of Criminal Aliens — Putting Us in Danger

By Jon Feere on January 22, 2024
The Biden administration has claimed for three years its immigration-enforcement policies center more on criminal aliens than its predecessor’s did.

As Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas put it in his 2021 memo, “By exercising our discretionary authority in a targeted way, we can focus our efforts on those who pose a threat to national security, public safety, and border security and thus threaten America’s well-being.”

It turns out it’s Team Biden’s policies that threaten America’s well-being.

The Biden administration has dramatically reduced arrests and deportations of criminal aliens, per new US Immigration and Customs Enforcement data.

Comparing President Donald Trump’s first three years (fiscal years 2017-19) and President Biden’s first three years (fiscal years 2021-23), there’s a 57% decline in criminal-alien arrests and a 67% drop in criminal-alien deportations.

https://cis.org/Feere/Oped-How-Biden-Gave-Ridding-Us-Criminal-Aliens-Putting-Us-Danger
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
ol' white joe biden never "gave up" on this.

It was the administration's intention from it's first day to flood the country with millions more illegals.

I sense that Mayorkas (as dumb as he plays publicly) was one of the masterminds behind this.
He's from Cuba, but it's easily understood as to "which side" he's on.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
ol' white joe biden never "gave up" on this.

It was the administration's intention from it's first day to flood the country with millions more illegals.

I sense that Mayorkas (as dumb as he plays publicly) was one of the masterminds behind this.
He's from Cuba, but it's easily understood as to "which side" he's on.
Yup, you can't give up something that never was.