Author Topic: B-21 Raider stealth bomber in production, Pentagon says  (Read 318 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-21 Raider stealth bomber in production, Pentagon says
« on: January 23, 2024, 04:29:52 pm »
B-21 Raider stealth bomber in production, Pentagon says
The Air Force recently confirmed the secretive plane was continuing flight testing out of Edwards Air Force Base.
By   MICHAEL MARROW
on January 22, 2024 at 6:01 PM

UPDATED 1/22/24 at 9:00 PM ET with comment from Northrop Grumman.

WASHINGTON — Following the first flight of the Air Force’s newest stealth bomber, the Pentagon has formally approved the B-21 Raider program to begin production, the Pentagon’s top acquisition official confirmed to Breaking Defense today.

“Production of the B-21 ‘Raider’ stealth bomber is moving forward. This past fall, based on the results of ground and flight tests and the team’s mature plans for manufacturing, I gave the go-ahead to begin producing B-21s at a low rate,” Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment William LaPlante said in a statement.

“One of the key attributes of this program has been designing for production from the start — and at scale — to provide a credible deterrent to adversaries. If you don’t produce and field to warfighters at scale, the capability doesn’t really matter,” he added.

Further detail about the contract award value and delivery dates were not immediately available. News of the bomber beginning production was first reported by Bloomberg.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/01/b-21-raider-stealth-bomber-in-production-pentagon-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: B-21 Raider stealth bomber in production, Pentagon says
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 05:22:02 pm »
My guess is that these first planes will be basically prototypes produced to develop and prove the processes that will eventually be used for full-scale production. The planes produced will likely have flight envelope restrictions that will eventually be turned off, and some SW functions that have not yet been installed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 06:00:13 pm »
I hope this program is not a procurement turd like Littoral Combat Ships and F-35's.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 06:17:26 pm »
   I suspect it won't have the longevity of this prototype (YB-52) from 1952.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.