Author Topic: The Memo: ‘Never Trumpers’ are close to giving up hope  (Read 531 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Memo: ‘Never Trumpers’ are close to giving up hope
« on: January 23, 2024, 04:07:20 pm »
The Memo: ‘Never Trumpers’ are close to giving up hope
Niall Stanage

Former President Trump is on the cusp of becoming the GOP’s presumptive nominee for the third time.

It’s a scenario that leaves the band of conservatives opposed to him appalled — and deeply pessimistic about the future of the party.

“It’s his party, plain and simple. I’m not a fan of his, but it’s a MAGA party now, and he’s the leader of that,” said former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), who mounted a long-shot primary challenge to Trump in 2020 and left the GOP soon afterward.

“This party cannot be reformed, cannot be fixed. It’s on the track it’s on,” Walsh acknowledged. “I don’t see, in my lifetime, it getting off this track.”

Susan Del Percio, a strategist who has remained a Republican despite her fervent opposition to Trump, struck a broadly similar note — though she believes the party could move back onto a more traditional footing once Trump eventually leaves the political stage.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4422789-the-memo-never-trumpers-are-close-to-giving-up-hope/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Memo: ‘Never Trumpers’ are close to giving up hope
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 12:48:01 am »
They sure know how to wail, complain, tear at their hair and gnash their teeth ...!

This forum is proof of that...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 12:49:21 am »
Conservatives have already given up hope.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 12:50:24 am »
Eh, Trump is like every populist leader who has ever lived -- his "movement" ends when he does.  Either by dying, or just by losing and thereby losing relevancy. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 12:59:11 am »
Giving up hope? You mean giving up hope of a real conservative being elected? Yeah I gave that hope up sometime ago, doesn't mean I'm gonna throw in the towel and facilitate Trump **nononono*

In this cartoon I'm the guy questioning what is going on, not the ones who bought the orange Kool-Aid.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 01:00:17 am »
Conservatives have already given up hope.

Nah... Hope springs eternal.
Right now I just don't give a shit.
There's a difference.

If something like the TEA Party rises up, you can guaran-damn-tee I will be right in the vanguard.
But this ain't my clown, and this ain't my circus.

So I'll walk off and do something else... Concentrate on things I can control or effect that suit my purpose.
This mess is opposed to my purpose... Just like liberalism is.
It's nearly the same thing.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 02:22:01 am »
Nah... Hope springs eternal.
Right now I just don't give a shit.
There's a difference.

If something like the TEA Party rises up, you can guaran-damn-tee I will be right in the vanguard.
But this ain't my clown, and this ain't my circus.

So I'll walk off and do something else... Concentrate on things I can control or effect that suit my purpose.
This mess is opposed to my purpose... Just like liberalism is.
It's nearly the same thing.

Same here.  I just hope we hold on to one house of Congress at this point.  Other than that, Trump and Haley can trash each other for the next 4 months as long as it is entertaining.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 02:33:38 am »
Same here.  I just hope we hold on to one house of Congress at this point.  Other than that, Trump and Haley can trash each other for the next 4 months as long as it is entertaining.

Yep. Now it's all about the big show.
And will be nothing of meaning.
And I'll go fishin'.

fishing8888

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 02:45:48 am »

The WH and House look grim for the GOP but the Senate looks like the GOP may take as long as Trump doesn’t endorse anyone in the Senate races
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy