Author Topic: The Military Recruiting Outlook Is Grim Indeed. Loss of Public Confidence, Political Attacks and the  (Read 166 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Military Recruiting Outlook Is Grim Indeed. Loss of Public Confidence, Political Attacks and the Economy Are All Taking a Toll.
Richard Sisk
Mon, January 22, 2024 at 5:28 PM EST·8 min read

Recruiting patterns in the military have increasingly come to reflect the nation's red state-blue state political divide, with recruiting strong in the South and Midwest but lagging on the coasts, retired Army Brig. Gen. Michael Meese said at a Rand Corp. event Thursday.

"When you look at it regionally, the North and the West tend to be less positive" on military service "than the South and the Midwest," said Meese, the former head of West Point's Department of Social Sciences.

"The implications of that for recruiting are problematic," he said, "because where are you going to fish" to fill out the ranks?

https://news.yahoo.com/military-recruiting-outlook-grim-indeed-222812378.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I see "the economy" was added as an afterthought so the military can blame someone other than their own poor leadership. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson