Author Topic: DeSantis kills bill helping Trump day after endorsing former rival  (Read 4806 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis kills bill helping Trump day after endorsing former rival
By
Julia Johnson
January 23, 2024 8:35 am

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) quashed hope for a bill introduced in the Florida legislature that would allow taxpayer funds to pay for former President Donald Trump’s legal expenses.

Republican Trump endorser state Sen. Ileana Garcia introduced the bill, “Grants for Victims of Political Discrimination,” which would authorize up to $5 million to be granted to a qualified person.

However, DeSantis responded to a report on the bill on Monday that detailed that “some Florida Republicans want taxpayers to pay Trump’s legal bills.”

“But not the Florida Republican who wields the veto pen,” DeSantis wrote on X.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2812109/desantis-veto-bill-pay-trump-legal-bills/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: DeSantis kills bill helping Trump day after endorsing former rival
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 07:09:03 pm »
Why should Floridians be on the hook for a billionaire’s legal bills????
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 07:15:01 pm »

They shouldn’t be. Florida has a fiscal conservative for a governor. Wish my state did.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 07:15:35 pm »

??? They shouldn't period.  I'm waiting for Trump to now start the attacks once again on DeSantis. Trump is responsible for his own legal bills.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 02:53:31 am »
There is one malfeasant senator that needs to go.  :pondering: I wonder how long until the usual suspect/suspects show up with their Desanctimonious Bullschtick.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 02:58:46 am »
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) quashed hope for a bill introduced in the Florida legislature that would allow taxpayer funds to pay for former President Donald Trump’s legal expenses.

Good.  Not the taxpayers' job.  Only a straight-up leftwing Democrat would propose that Florida taxpayers pay the legal expenses of a billionaire.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 03:08:17 am »
Good.  Not the taxpayers' job.  Only a straight-up leftwing Democrat would propose that Florida taxpayers pay the legal expenses of a billionaire.

That's right.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 03:12:05 am »
From the article…

But not the Florida Republican who wields the veto pen,” DeSantis wrote on X.

A politician willing to wield a VETO pen

Lost any chance to have that in the WH
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 03:35:43 am »
??? They shouldn't period.  I'm waiting for Trump to now start the attacks once again on DeSantis. Trump is responsible for his own legal bills.

@libertybele

And here I was thinking it was your pals in the DNC responsible for the legal bills.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024, 03:39:12 am »

@Hoodat

Your Class Envy is showing,bubba.

I guess you and the other DNC clones think the FACT that those legal bills are a result of your pals on the left filing bogus legal charges against him BECAUSE HE IS THE CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT THAT THE LEFT FEARS THE MOST.

Good to see you people finally coming out of the closet and showing your support for the left,comrades!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2024, 03:51:25 am »
@Hoodat

I guess you and the other DNC clones think the FACT that those legal bills are a result of your pals on the left filing bogus legal charges against him BECAUSE HE IS THE CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT THAT THE LEFT FEARS THE MOST.

Good to see you people finally coming out of the closet and showing your support for the left,comrades!

@sneakypete

So what? How the hell does that make the People of Florida responsible for his legal bills?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 03:58:35 am »
@Hoodat

No.  I simply believe that the people of Florida should not have to pay the legal bills of some Yankee implant who hires only the most incompetent lawyers.  'Envy' never enters the picture.

But let the record show that @sneakypete believes that the taxpayers of Florida (who have zero stake in Trump's idiot legal blunders) should have to be forced to pay the legal bills of some NY billionaire.  Not even a Democrat could come up with something that outrageous.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 05:10:18 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 05:01:54 am »
@libertybele

And here I was thinking it was your pals in the DNC responsible for the legal bills.

And there's that bullshit right on schedule, and not addressing the question at all of why Floridians should have to pay for your billionaire buddy's legal bills, after all that's what his suckers donors are doing. Hell of a Bromance ya got going with Trump though.

When it comes to BILLIONAIRE Trump (that's not jealousy, it's a statement of fact) and his legal bills, he's a BILLIONAIRE(at least so he says) so he can pay his own damn bills and maybe since he always hires the best people  :silly:  :silly: he might maybe think about that when it it comes to his defense attorneys, because he did just as bad with them as his cabinet choices **nononono*

No when it comes to his legal bills the answer is

But you go right ahead and send him your money, that's your right and free choice.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2024, 05:14:22 am »
@Hoodat

SOSDD! Don't you have anything else in your repertoire? Childish insults and accusing anyone that doesn't genuflect at you altar of orange of being a communist? Or envious? The left may have feared Trump once, but not since they fine tuned their apparatus in 2020 and almost every day Trump says something stupid or really cringe worthy that his orange mafia ignores but drives more and more on the fence voters away.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2024, 01:13:31 pm »
@Hoodat

One doesn't have to suffer from any class envy to regard the abomination of the tax payer paying someone's legal bills to any degree beyond the support of a public defender's office as particularly galling when the intended beneficiary is wealthy.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 02:21:58 pm »

Imagine if Democrats did something like this.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 02:57:51 pm »
SOSDD! Don't you have anything else in your repertoire? 

@GtHawk

The truth hurts,huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 02:59:09 pm »
One doesn't have to suffer from any class envy to regard the abomination of the tax payer paying someone's legal bills to any degree beyond the support of a public defender's office as particularly galling when the intended beneficiary is wealthy.

@The_Reader_David

Good to see you  come out of the closet and admit your class envy,Comrade!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 03:37:33 pm »
@The_Reader_David

Good to see you  come out of the closet and admit your class envy,Comrade!

So it’s your position that taxpayers should be responsible for the legal fees of a billionaire

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2024, 05:10:13 pm »
Taxpayer dollars should not be going to help billionaires.

This is the type of crap George W. Bush pulled during the 2008/2009 Financial Crisis with the "Too Big To Fail" fraud.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2024, 09:21:43 pm »
@GtHawk

The truth hurts,huh?
Do you ever read anything you type before hitting post? But to answer you , yes it truthfully makes my head hurt reading your childish, repetitive
As I said you go right ahead and bankroll that's your right but you don't get to tell others that they should or accuse them of being democrats and communists because they won't or point out that hey Orange man's a billionaire and he can pay his own bills......if he is paying his own bills not the people who think they're donating to his campaign.

When it comes to a BILLIONAIRE and his legal bills?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2024, 09:34:46 pm »
To anyone on this thread who thinks Trump's legal bills should be paid by any taxpayer anywhere in the USA, please present your reasoned argument for your position, and kindly leave personal attacks out of that argument. I'm trying to understand, so please don't muddy it up with personal swipes and other earmarks of a flame war.

Thanks.  888high58888

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2024, 11:20:28 pm »
To anyone on this thread who thinks Trump's legal bills should be paid by any taxpayer anywhere in the USA, please present your reasoned argument for your position, and kindly leave personal attacks out of that argument. I'm trying to understand, so please don't muddy it up with personal swipes and other earmarks of a flame war.

Thanks.  888high58888

Not only what I like to hear the argument for why Floridians are responsible for Trump’s legal bills, but if the particular poster who doesn’t have a problem with that thinks the same should apply to Hunter and Joe Biden

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2024, 01:02:58 am »
Do you ever read anything you type before hitting post? But to answer you , yes it truthfully makes my head hurt reading your childish, repetitive
As I said you go right ahead and bankroll that's your right but you don't get to tell others that they should or accuse them of being democrats and communists because they won't or point out that hey Orange man's a billionaire and he can pay his own bills......if he is paying his own bills not the people who think they're donating to his campaign.

When it comes to a BILLIONAIRE and his legal bills?
[/b]

@GtHawk

Class envy is never pretty,OR "classy".

And Trump would have never had those legal bills if he hadn't ran for President.

Not that you care about reality.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2024, 01:06:27 am »
@GtHawk

Class envy is never pretty,OR "classy".

And Trump would have never had those legal bills if he hadn't ran for President.

Not that you care about reality.

You are not making any sense @sneakypete  - the bills ARE Trump's.  He decided to run and what happens as a result of that he owns.

As for the class envy crappola -it's exactly that.  Genuine crappola!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.