Author Topic: University Confronted About Illegal Hiring on Racial Lines in Leaked Audio  (Read 253 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 University Confronted About Illegal Hiring on Racial Lines in Leaked Audio
Story by Sean O'Driscoll • 11h

A psychology professor has warned that hiring based on race alone was illegal, even as the University of Washington (UW) psychology department was downgrading white and Asian candidates, an audio recording obtained by Newsweek has shown.

The university later banned the faculty from hiring tenure-track employees for two years after finding major discrimination in hiring practices.

In an audio recording of a meeting on March 16, 2023, psychology professor Ione Fine objected to the hiring process in which the first- and second-ranked candidates, who were white and Asian American, respectively, got overlooked in favor of the third-ranked hopeful, who was Black.

For that to be achieved, a new "threshold" system was introduced in which any candidate could be chosen once they reached a certain level, circumventing the previous practice of hiring the highest-ranking candidate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/university-confronted-about-illegal-hiring-on-racial-lines-in-leaked-audio/ar-BB1h6wAJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=b8b6b1b3cad244169cb4b46bdb939c24&ei=67
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It isn't about racism, it's about saving the poor and downtrodden; those beaten by global warming; white privilege; math in high school; islamophobia; not being able to get in expensive country clubs; who can't afford EVs; who will never play in the NFL. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson