Author Topic: Supreme Court allows Border Patrol agents to remove razor wire installed by Texas at Mexico border  (Read 834 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NBC News By Lawrence Hurley 1/22/2024

WASHINGTON — A closely-divided Supreme Court on Monday allowed Border Patrol agents to cut through or move razor wire Texas installed on the U.S.-Mexico border as part of an effort by the state to prevent illegal border crossings.

The court on a 5-4 vote granted an emergency request filed by the Biden administration, which had argued that Texas was preventing agents from carrying out their duties.

The brief order noted that four conservative members of the nine-justice court would have rejected the government's request. They were Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Samuel Alito, Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

The Biden administration says the wire prevents agents from reaching migrants who have already crossed over the border into the U.S.

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-allows-border-patrol-agents-remove-razor-wire-installed-rcna132890

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Carolina.
@realCarola2Hope
·
The vote was 5 to 4, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Amy Coney Barrett joining the court’s three liberal members to form a majority. The usual suspects.

Online Hoodat

I'll have to read the opinion first.  The solution would be to roll out razor wire on the ground inside the border wall.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I'll have to read the opinion first.  The solution would be to roll out razor wire on the ground inside the border wall.

What Wall?

Online Hoodat

What Wall?

Sorry, I thought they had put razor wire on top of sections of border wall.  My bad.  Like I said, I need to read the opinion of the Court.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Looks like there are no opinions issued in this ruling:

Supreme Court allows federal agents to cut razor wire Texas installed on US-Mexico border

MARK SHERMAN AND PAUL J. WEBER  |  Updated 5:34 PM EST, January 22, 2024

. . . None of the justices provided any explanation for their vote. The one-page order is a victory for the Biden administration while the lawsuit over the wire continues. . . .

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-immigration-texas-razor-wire-9daef6bd316211b6633ece718e505187

I would strongly urge the State of Texas to remove the razor wire and replace it with a field of land mines.  And then dare border patrol agents to remove that.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Looks like there are no opinions issued in this ruling:

Supreme Court allows federal agents to cut razor wire Texas installed on US-Mexico border

MARK SHERMAN AND PAUL J. WEBER  |  Updated 5:34 PM EST, January 22, 2024

. . . None of the justices provided any explanation for their vote. The one-page order is a victory for the Biden administration while the lawsuit over the wire continues. . . .

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-immigration-texas-razor-wire-9daef6bd316211b6633ece718e505187

I would strongly urge the State of Texas to remove the razor wire and replace it with a field of land mines.  And then dare border patrol agents to remove that.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It’s Not Over, Says Texas Governor Following SCOTUS Border Razor-Wire Order

“This is not over,” Texas Governor Greg Abbott tweeted on Monday evening after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Border Patrol agents can cut the razor-wire border barriers along the Rio Grande. The court granted an emergency appeal from the Biden administration allowing federal agents to access the Texas border with Mexico being fenced off by the Texas Military Department.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/01/22/its-not-over-says-texas-governor-following-scotus-border-razor-wire-order/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It’s Not Over, Says Texas Governor Following SCOTUS Border Razor-Wire Order

BOB PRICE22 Jan 2024237

“This is not over,” Texas Governor Greg Abbott tweeted on Monday evening after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Border Patrol agents can cut the razor-wire border barriers along the Rio Grande. The court granted an emergency appeal from the Biden administration allowing federal agents to access the Texas border with Mexico being fenced off by the Texas Military Department.

“This is not over,” a defiant Abbott posted on X. “Texas’ razor wire is an effective deterrent to the illegal crossings Biden encourages.”

Earlier on Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5-4 ruling, granted a request by the Biden administration to pause a ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, which temporarily blocked the actions by Border Patrol agents to cut the razor wire border barriers.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/01/22/its-not-over-says-texas-governor-following-scotus-border-razor-wire-order/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 03:21:00 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bad decisions by the Supreme Court were instrumental in the onset of the first Civil War, too.  I say first because it is obvious that is what it will take to end this immigration insanity.  While I doubt it will be an armed war conflict, it could lead to dissolution of the country by legal means and secession.  Biden, democrats, and rinos had better start thinking of America if they want to keep it.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

S.C. majority allows malicious injury to property, Biden can cut Texas border wire
See Supreme Court allows Biden administration to cut Texas border wire

The Supreme Courton Monday granted the Biden administration’s request to vacate a lower court decision surrounding Texas’s placement of razor wire along the southern border, clearing the way for Border Patrol officials to remove physical blockades from the border.

The federal government has not been delegated a power to force upon the States unwanted foreign nationals. In fact, the very reason for granting Congress power to adopt a uniform rule of "naturalization’ [keep in mind there is a vast distinction between the terms “naturalization” and “immigration”] was to prevent unwanted foreign nationals being forced upon an unwilling state.

Today's Supreme Court's majority ignored the federal government has not been delegated a power over immigration nor allowed to force upon a State, unwanted foreign nationals.

Naturalization vs immigration, defined.

There is nothing to even remotely suggest from historical documentation that our federal government has been delegated an exclusive power to regulate immigration.

REPRESENTATIVE SHERMAN, who attended the Constitutional Convention which framed our Constitution points to the intentions for which a power over naturalization was granted to Congress. He says:

https://www.alipac.us/f9/s-c-majority-allows-malicious-injury-property-biden-can-cut-texas-border-wire-416297/
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Supreme Court is tearing the Constitution apart too. :thud:
Thomas Jefferson