Author Topic: Sen. Hawley Introduces Bill Slashing DHS Funding for Leftist Propaganda Following MRC Bombshells  (Read 513 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sen. Hawley Introduces Bill Slashing DHS Funding for Leftist Propaganda Following MRC Bombshells
Catherine Salgado, Joseph Vazquez
January 22nd, 2024 1:04 PM

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) has introduced legislation to cut the federal funding of the Department of Homeland Security’s dystopian censorship activities following a string of bombshell MRC exposés.

MRC Free Speech America uncovered how the DHS awarded $700,000 in anti-terrorism grant money to the University of Rhode Island’s Media Education Lab (the “Rhode Island Lab”) to promote censorship and leftist propaganda in America’s classrooms. Notably, MRC also revealed last year how the DHS exploited an anti-terrorism grant program to fund a leftist initiative against the right by the University of Dayton, which included an effort to compare Christians, Republicans and conservatives to militant Nazis.

Hawley aims to end this DHS grant funding once and for all through new legislation, according to Fox News. “‘My bill simply bars Secretary Mayorkas from funneling taxpayer dollars to programs dedicated to targeting this Administration’s political opponents,’” Hawley summarized.

Hawley’s legislation, titled the “Ending DHS Funding for Liberal Propaganda Act,” addresses the DHS’s effort to crush free speech through the infamous “Targeted Violence & Terrorism Prevention Grant Program” (TVTP). Notably, MRC Free Speech America discovered the original TVTP grant to the University of Dayton that produced the now-infamous “Pyramid of Far-Right Radicalization” ranking Republicans, conservatives and Christians on a scale of extremism that included neo-Nazi and fascist groups. MRC was also the first to uncover the DHS’s grant to the Rhode Island Lab for “counter-propaganda” against conservatives. Fox reported that the Hawley bill targets “any programming relating to countering narratives or views on political topics, including COVID-19, vaccination, media bias, immigration, and crime.”

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/free-speech/catherine-salgado/2024/01/22/sen-hawley-introduces-bill-slashing-dhs-funding
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Even if the bill should pass congress, Brandon will veto it.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Let Brandon veto it.

Let Brand explain to the American public why its okay for the Federal Government to use taxpayer money to fund domestic poltical speech, propaganda, and censorship.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Let Brandon veto it.

Let Brand explain to the American public why its okay for the Federal Government to use taxpayer money to fund domestic poltical speech, propaganda, and censorship.

He won't have to defend anything; the media will do it for him.  Then he'll have his writers make a response that doesn't make him look totally stupid and media will drool all over themselves about how brilliant his response was.  I doubt he will be allowed by his puppet master to comment on it before the media clears the way.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline berdie

Let Brandon veto it.

Sadly, Joe and Jane America won't know or understand if they do.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How can conservatives fight and defeat Biden's policies if GOP doesn't even bother to try to confront Biden's policies head-on?

They have no problem with Nothing Burger investigations and impeachments.  But, when it comes to bending and breaking Biden's policy trajectories, Congressional GOP members throw-in the towel before the fight even starts.

W - I - M - P - S !

////00000////

Reminsicent of George H. W. Bush crica 1988:

https://archive.org/details/saturday-night-live-s-13-e-10-carl-weathers-robbie-robertson
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Notably, MRC also revealed last year how the DHS exploited an anti-terrorism grant program to fund a leftist initiative against the right by the University of Dayton, which included an effort to compare Christians, Republicans and conservatives to militant Nazis.

You might expect that a Catholic school would not go along with this.
You'd be disappointed. But these days, we're not surprised.
Many of the school's alumni have been getting very displeased
with how secular the school has become.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao