Author Topic: Marine Corps called 911 to report missing F-35 jet in South Carolina after 'mishap'  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps called 911 to report missing F-35 jet in South Carolina after 'mishap'
The jet went missing in 2023 before its remnants were found in a rural area.

ByJared Kofsky
January 20, 2024, 6:12 AM

Newly released audio files show that the Marine Corps called 911 after one of their F-35 fighter jets went missing in South Carolina last September.

The F-35 experienced what Marine Corps officials referred to as a "mishap" over the skies of the state's Lowcountry region on Sept. 17, 2023, according to military authorities.

The pilot survived after reportedly being ejected from the jet and parachuting down to a residential neighborhood in North Charleston, but the F-35 continued traveling until it disappeared from view, prompting officials to try to track down its location.

"I believe we potentially have an aircraft that went down in Williamsburg County earlier today," a major from Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort told a Williamsburg County 911 dispatcher.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/marine-corps-called-911-report-missing-35-jet/story?id=106524666
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm surprised since the police don't likely use electric vehicles and the pollution from those gas guzzlers would have increased global warming. wink777
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson