Author Topic: Congress Establishes Joint Energetics Transition Office  (Read 366 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congress Establishes Joint Energetics Transition Office
« on: January 22, 2024, 04:46:28 pm »
Congress Establishes Joint Energetics Transition Office
1/22/2024
By Laura Heckmann   
 Energetic materials — the chemicals used as propellants, pyrotechnics and explosives — have been on the development backburner since the fall of the Soviet Union, but a renewed sense of urgency prompted Congress to call for an office dedicated to its resurgence.

The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2024, signed by President Joe Biden Dec. 22, includes language to establish a new Joint Energetics Transition Office within the Defense Department.

The provision, outlined in section 241, tasks the office with developing a comprehensive energetics strategy, assessing and strengthening the energetics supply chain and coordinating research, development, testing and evaluation efforts across the department, industry and academia.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/1/22/congress-establishes-joint-energetics-transition-office
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Congress Establishes Joint Energetics Transition Office
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 04:48:24 pm »
  a renewed sense of urgency prompted Congress to call for an office dedicated to its resurgence.

There are two things only that cause congress to have a sense of urgency.  Increasing taxes and increasing spending.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 04:54:09 pm »
Industry and academia are peppered with foreign spies who arrived on student visas and worker visas.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 04:59:40 pm »
No more Tannerite.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 09:18:03 pm »
I'm surprised you can even buy the stuff.  It's fun to shoot, but crap you could sure do a lot of damage with it.
Lots of idiots doing stupid things like putting a large amount inside of things like washing machines or lawnmowers and then firing at them from an unsafe range resulting in severe injury. Or they detonate it in wildfire areas **nononono* I only used it for target practice once, but we made sure we were in a safe desert area and had it set up on rocks.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 09:20:19 pm by GtHawk »