Author Topic: Massive Attack On Al Assad Air Base In Iraq, Airstrikes Hit Houthi Missiles (Updated)  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Massive Attack On Al Assad Air Base In Iraq, Airstrikes Hit Houthi Missiles (Updated)
The militia attack on Al Assad was the largest yet, meanwhile the campaign to preemptively strike Houthi missiles seems to be gaining steam.

BY
TYLER ROGOWAY
|
PUBLISHED JAN 20, 2024 4:48 PM EST
Al Assad airbase was struck many militia projectiles on Jan 20, 2024

TYLER ROGOWAY

It's been a very active day in terms of hostilities in the Middle East. Al Assad Air Base in Iraq, where U.S. military personnel and contractors are based, came under a massive barrage from Iranian-aligned militant groups in the country. The attack was so big that reports state it overwhelmed Al Assad's air defenses, with multiple projectiles landing within its permitter, causing injuries.

The Islamic Resistance in Iraq, which is a blanket moniker for a number of groups hostile to the U.S. and Israel over the war in Gaza, claimed responsibility for the attack. It caused minor injuries to U.S. personnel and seriously injured one Iraqi.

A statement issued by the Islamic Resistance in Iraq reads:

In the name of God, the most gracious, the most merciful

“Permission is given to those who fight because they have been wronged, and indeed, God is Able to grant them victory.”

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/massive-attack-on-al-assad-air-base-in-iraq-airstrikes-hit-houthi-missiles
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess it's time to run and leave a few billion dollars of equipment behind so these jihadis can have "equity" with the Taliban. :whistle: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson