Author Topic: Senate Democrat: GOP presidential candidates want to end democracy  (Read 204 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Senate Democrat: GOP presidential candidates want to end democracy
by Miranda Nazzaro - 01/22/24 8:42 AM ET

Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.) on Sunday dug into the GOP presidential candidates, claiming the group of three — at the time — White House hopefuls would “all undermine democracy.”

Speaking on NBC’s “Meet The Press” just hours before Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suspended his presidential bid, Hassan argued his and former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley’s pledge to support the eventual GOP nominee, even if it is former President Trump, shows a GOP primary field that would disregard the law.

“Look, Trump is very likely to win the nomination from everything we’re seeing. But, I think people need to be really clear here, regardless of which Republican wins the nomination — whether it is Haley, or DeSantis or Trump — they are all committed to rolling this country backwards, to undermining democracy,” Hassan said Sunday morning.

Hassan pointed to a series of past actions and remarks that show Trump “advocates violence,” including remarks in November in which he compared his political enemies to “vermin” who needed to be exposed. The comment drew backlash and comparisons to rhetoric of a dictator.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4421250-maggie-hassan-gop-presidential-candidates-end-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Senate Democrat: GOP presidential candidates want to end democracy
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 02:18:30 pm »
DeSantis wanting to end democracy?  Nothing could be further than the truth.

I trust neither Trump nor Haley, but I distrust Haley more so.  She is the leftists' chosen one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Re: Senate Democrat: GOP presidential candidates want to end democracy
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 02:20:36 pm »
They need to stop using that word

She probably doesn’t even know what democracy means. it’s just a word they’re going to repeat over and over again against Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy