Author Topic: Congressional Budget Office Estimates 860K ‘Got-Aways’ in FY 2023  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congressional Budget Office Estimates 860K ‘Got-Aways’ in FY 2023
The effects of ‘family units’ on border security, and the drug and terrorist threats posed by aliens who enter ‘without encountering a CBP official’

By Andrew R. Arthur on January 22, 2024

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has just released its “Demographic Outlook: 2024 to 2054”, and that assessment includes some shockers, including that 860,000 aliens entered the United States illegally in FY 2023 “without encountering a CBP official”. In other words, they were “got-aways” as defined by statute, nearly the population of Charlotte, N.C., America’s 15th largest city. And those are just the migrants who didn’t want to get caught. Here are the negative effects a massive wave of migrants — and “family” migrants, in particular — are having on border security, and ultimately law enforcement and national security.

“The Got-Away Tsunami”. Back in June, I did a deep dive explaining why what I termed the “got-away tsunami” that has been washing across the Southwest border since Joe Biden took office is the best measure of the decline in border security under this administration, but it’s important to reiterate that statement given CBO’s estimates.

CBP — both officers from the agency’s Office of Field Operations (OFO) at the Southwest border ports of entry and Border Patrol agents between those ports along the 1,954-mile boundary with Mexico — have had to deal with an unprecedented number of illegal aliens since President Biden's 2021 inauguration.

To put that migrant surge into perspective, and to explain its causes and effects, I first have to review some recent history, beginning in the Obama administration.
]
https://cis.org/Arthur/Congressional-Budget-Office-Estimates-860K-GotAways-FY-2023
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson