Author Topic: Biden Campaign Attacks Trump on Past Pledge to Cut Social Security and Medicare (Exclusive)  (Read 319 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Campaign Attacks Trump on Past Pledge to Cut Social Security and Medicare (Exclusive)
'It’s yet another piece of a losing agenda that Trump and MAGA Republicans will regret come November'
Published 01/22/24 03:29 PM ET|Updated 2 hr ago

Aneeta Mathur-Ashton

The Biden-Harris campaign attacked former President Donald Trump for continuing to vow to cut Social Security and Medicare.

DNC Rapid Response Director Alex Floyd said in a statement, “Donald Trump can’t hide from his own words: He told the American people four years ago that he would cut Social Security and Medicare if he ever got a second term in office, and has only doubled down on his pledge to gut these critical programs since then.”

“After proposing disastrous cuts to Social Security and Medicare in every single one of his budgets as president, Trump is still running on the same out-of-touch plans that would threaten the pocketbooks of America’s seniors," said Floyd. "It’s yet another piece of a losing agenda that Trump and MAGA Republicans will regret come November.”

The statement comes on the four-year anniversary of Trump vowing to cut the programs if given another term in office. He has also promised to permanently cut the taxes that fund both programs.   

https://themessenger.com/politics/biden-campaign-attacks-trump-on-past-pledge-to-cut-social-security-and-medicare-exclusive?utm_source=onsite&utm_medium=horizontal_popular
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Social Security and Medicare are going to be cut and reformed at some point whether Trump or Biden like it or not

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

I wonder if we'll see a Biden Trump debate????  Both of them have been avoiding debating and this is certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I wonder if we'll see a Biden Trump debate????  Both of them have been avoiding debating and this is certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.

Doubt it.  Especially since the GOP rightly withdrew from the heavily biased Commission on Presidential Debates.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele asks:
"I wonder if we'll see a biden Trump debate????"

I think the answer to that is simply "no".
Odds against it are probably greater than 9-1.

Besides, I still don't believe that ol' white joe is going to BE "the candidate" in 2024...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Won't matter.

America's southern border wasn't being overrun 4 years ago.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Hoodat

If Trump pledged to cut Social Security and Medicare, I would vote for him.  Stop teasing me, Dems.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-