Author Topic: Trump miscues have Dems seeking to turn tables on GOP over age, mental fitness  (Read 828 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump miscues have Dems seeking to turn tables on GOP over age, mental fitness
by Brett Samuels - 01/22/24 4:17 PM ET

President Biden and his allies are looking to turn the tables on former President Trump by highlighting his mental fitness for office after a high-profile verbal slip-up at a campaign rally.

Democrats, including Biden, shared a clip far and wide of Trump over the weekend repeatedly confusing former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) with Nikki Haley, his GOP rival and the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, while speaking about the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Biden, 81, has repeatedly come under criticism related to his age, verbal stumbles and general mental fitness. Democrats appeared to relish the opportunity to put Trump, 77, under a similar spotlight over the Pelosi-Haley flub-up.

“A deeply confused Trump confuses Nancy Pelosi and Nikki Haley multiple times,” the Biden campaign’s rapid response team posted on X, formerly known as Twitter.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4422265-trump-miscues-have-biden-seeking-to-turn-tables-on-mental-acuity/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

What an election!!

The choice between two potential dementia patients
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline the OlLine Rebel

What an election!!

The choice between two potential dementia patients

I have to say, not even catching himself and repeatedly stating “Haley” rather than “Pelosi” has me very concerned about Trump’s “sharp mind”.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The problem is that even if Trump is "ok" right now, it is perfectly reasonable at his age for voters to be concerned about him declining in office.

Can't believe we're getting a rerun with these two candidates....

Offline the OlLine Rebel

The problem is that even if Trump is "ok" right now, it is perfectly reasonable at his age for voters to be concerned about him declining in office.

I too.

When EverTrumpers started after 2020 banging the drum about fraud and him running again, that was one of my big objections.

The butt-kissers harangued Biden about being tooold.  But it was clear Don would be the same at this point, yet of course no problem said the EverTrumpers.  Trump is sharp as a samauri sword.

Never mind anything can change on a dime at this age.

Offline cato potatoe

I keep harping on this, but a gerontocracy is ill-suited to run the executive branch.  The job is too complicated and stressful.  A parade of geezers died in office after Nikita Khrushchev was sacked, and our media had fun with that, but those men were spring chickens next to Trump. 

Offline LMAO

And stress will amplify any cognitive decline

Remember those stories about how Biden’s own staff are afraid to approach him with bad news?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I don't believe that Trump is ok.  He has made some pretty off the wall comments about dictatorship, freedom cities, flying cars, etc., and has confused Pelosi for Haley, etc.  I've watched many of his rallies in the past, and recently he looks just plain haggard.

He spent four years fending off all the accusations, impeachments, dealing with a pandemic. etc., while he was president and he has spent the past several years in and out of court, more accusations, a raid on his house, etc.  How can it not have a negative impact on his health and mental well being, especially at his age?

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So it is an important issue then? Since Skeezy has been acting more and more senile for at least the last 5 years, would then the media have been covering it up just to get him into office, since they're now so worried about one slip up by candidate Trump?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 11:33:34 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

How do Democrats make this an issue with Donald Trump when they’ve got their own problem sitting in the White House ?

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

How do Democrats make this an issue with Donald Trump when they’ve got their own problem sitting in the White House ?

In your face hypocrisy has never been an obstacle for democrats.

Offline cato potatoe

The point of the ads will be to neutralize the age issue.  This could have been Joe Biden's achilles heel, but the pubs rescued him, again.  Now they have to pray enough people are incensed about the border to reinstall the crazy guy.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Holy cow!  Trump confused a name and he's losing his mind.  I guess mine has been gone years ago...lol.  Compared to Biden, Trump is a genius.  Biden can't even complete a sentence without notecards.  As one who can't stand Trump, he's not losing his mind.....yet.
He’s not bad but continuously calling Pelosi as Haley is pretty bad.  He didn’t miss a step, didn’t correct himself but used Haley some 3 times.

Doing this once, even if a name is only mentioned once in the passage, is ok and it happens.  Trudging on with the same name is questionable territory.

And it’s not about Biden.  We know Biden is a mess, but he’s 4 years older.  Trump is now the age Biden was when elected.  It’s won’t get any better.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

2024 The year of

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Easy, for years the fourth branch of the Biden administration has spiked any stories or suggestions in reference to Joe's dementia and they will continue to while Blaring any miscue by Trump(and he's giving them the ammo) pushing the theme of Trump having onset dementia.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright