Author Topic: Texas’s Crimes Against Humanity Causes the Deaths of Three at the Border  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Texas’s Crimes Against Humanity Causes the Deaths of Three at the Border
Bill Haskell | January 21, 2024 7:30 am

January 17, 2023, Letters from an American, Prof, Heather Cox Richardson
Texas attorney general Ken Paxton responded this evening to the federal government’s demand that state troops give U.S. Border Patrol agents access to Shelby Park in Eagle Pass, Texas, the site where three migrants died last week as they tried to cross the Rio Grande.

Aarón Torres and Joseph Morton of The Dallas Morning News reported that Paxton’s letter acknowledged that by law the federal government’s Border Patrol officers are allowed  “warrantless access to land within 25 miles of the border, but only ‘for the purpose of patrolling the border to prevent the illegal entry of aliens into the United States.’” Paxton claimed that this law doesn’t apply because the current administration’s policies—the law, after all, is written by Congress—are not intended to stop undocumented immigration. Writing . . .

“There is not even a pretense that you are trying to prevent the illegal entry of aliens,” he wrote.

Torres and Morton note that, in fact, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement deported more than 142,000 migrants in 2023 and that Paxton presented no evidence for his claims.

https://angrybearblog.com/2024/01/texass-crimes-against-humanity-causes-the-deaths-of-three-at-the-border#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=texass-crimes-against-humanity-causes-the-deaths-of-three-at-the-border
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is all lies!  Mejico and the DOJ have both confirmed the three died before the US was even notified and recovered by Mejico.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson