Author Topic: Mike Pompeo Says Funding Won’t Stop Border Crossings, Just ‘Help Them Get Across’  (Read 173 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mike Pompeo Says Funding Won’t Stop Border Crossings, Just ‘Help Them Get Across’
The president conceded this week that the border is not secure and hasn't been 'for the last 10 years'
Published 01/21/24 07:01 AM ET
Kayla Gallagher

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo took aim at the Biden administration in an interview Sunday, claiming that the White House is only going to "help" more migrants cross the southern border through government funding, rather than curb them.

"It doesn’t matter how much money is allocated. [President Joe Biden] is going to use that money to help these folks get across," the Republican said in an interview on John Catsimatidis' "Cats Roundtable" radio program.

"They’ll provide them housing, provide them free medical care once they’re here. He’s not going to use it for its intended purpose, which is to stop the flow of illegal immigrants across the southern border," Pompeo said.

The president conceded this week that the border is not secure and hasn't been "for the last 10 years," and insisted that's why he needs additional funding.

https://themessenger.com/politics/mike-pompeo-says-funding-wont-stop-border-crossings-just-help-them-get-across
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With extra funding, DHS can help illegals enter the country illegally in chauffeur driven limos to show how nice the country is. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson