Author Topic: Texas bus company sues Chicago over migrant drop-off rules, accuses 'sanctuary' city of 'turning its  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas bus company sues Chicago over migrant drop-off rules, accuses 'sanctuary' city of 'turning its back' on asylum-seekers
CANDACE HATHAWAY
JANUARY 19, 2024

A Texas-based busing company recently filed a lawsuit against Chicago over its "stringent" migrant drop-off ordinance, Fox News Digital reported.

Wynne Transportation LLC accused the "sanctuary" city of "turning its back" on asylum-seekers.

In November, Democratic Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson implemented new regulations that impact where and when bus companies can drop off migrants, Blaze News previously reported. According to the city's restrictions, only two buses can arrive per hour, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Bus operators must provide city officials with advance notice and receive approval before shuttling individuals into the city.

Companies that fail to comply with Johnson's orders could get hit with a $3,000 fine and have their buses impounded.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/texas-bus-company-sues-chicago-over-migrant-drop-off-rules-accuses-sanctuary-city-of-turning-its-back-on-asylum-seekers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson