Author Topic: Opinion: The VA is abandoning women veterans’ rights for gender identity  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Opinion: The VA is abandoning women veterans’ rights for gender identity
© Provided by The Hill

Women’s equality is founded on sex-based rights, enshrined in law, culturally supported by nearly all Americans and historically protected at institutions like our employer, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Unfortunately, that last statement can no longer be counted on.

VA leadership, perhaps inspired by President Biden’s executive order on “Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation,” recently began enforcing in earnest its directive from 2018, injecting concepts of gender ideology into our clinical work. From here on, the distinction that will matter in patients is their self-identified gender, not their biological sex. We believe this effectively extinguishes the entire class of women, undermining many physical and legal protections for female veterans.

Single-sex spaces within the VA — those ensuring bodily privacy, such as bathrooms, exam rooms and medical exam areas — can now be accessed by males who self-identify as women. This VA move is part of a larger cultural pattern, most notably in women’s sports, where biological males identifying as women tend to crush the competition, and in women’s prisons that allow mixed-sex housing based on gender identity, often with tragic results.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/opinion-the-va-is-abandoning-women-veterans-rights-for-gender-identity/ar-BB1gZrN6?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=35bece5477634b3b972c7353a038d01d&ei=48
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson