Author Topic: The Media Lost Their Minds Over The New Florida Gun Law. But Violent Crime Dropped  (Read 247 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Media Lost Their Minds Over The New Florida Gun Law. But Violent Crime Dropped
© Provided by ISoldMyHouse

In July 2023, when Florida became the 26th state to adopt constitutional carry through House Bill 543, media outlets and Democrats unleashed a wave of criticism, predicting an increase in violent crime.

However, more than six months later, evidence has emerged that challenges these claims, showcasing a significant drop in violent crimes, including shootings, in the Sunshine State’s major cities.

Corporate media and anti-gun advocates were quick to condemn Florida’s move toward constitutional carry. Headlines such as “Following mass shootings, DeSantis signs permitless carry bill” from NBC News and Forbes amplifying rhetoric from gun control groups set the stage for a fierce debate.

Even the White House joined in, with Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre calling it “shameful” and the “opposite of commonsense gun safety.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-media-lost-their-minds-over-the-new-florida-gun-law-but-violent-crime-dropped/ar-BB1gWiSd?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=35bece5477634b3b972c7353a038d01d&ei=39
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson