Author Topic: Airman’s mother sorry for sending cannabis liquid to her son and his wife in Japan  (Read 174 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Airman’s mother sorry for sending cannabis liquid to her son and his wife in Japan
By MARI HIGA AND JONATHAN SNYDER STARS AND STRIPES •
January 19, 2024

A U.S. airman’s mother pleaded guilty in a Japanese court to attempting to smuggle cannabis liquid into the country by mail in August and to possessing the drug while visiting her son on Okinawa in September.

Kasandra Michelle Stephens, 45, the mother of Tech. Sgt. DariusOmar Stephens, 26, a miliary working dog handler at Kadena Air Base, admitted Thursday in Naha District Court to violating Japan’s Cannabis Control Act and Customs Law.

Stephens told Judge Takashi Kato that she sent a couple of packages to her son’s post office box at Kadena after her daughter-in-law, Elena Barriga-Stephens, 22, requested she send some “pens” that she could share with a Japanese co-worker. A spokesman for Kadena, 1st Lt. Robert Dabbs, declined comment on the case, citing an ongoing investigation. “We can’t confirm the identity of non-sofa status personnel,” he said by email Thursday.

Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_pacific/2024-01-18/cannabis-liquid-smuggling-kadena-okinawa-12723122.html
Source - Stars and Stripes
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :facepalm2:  I hope his gene pool is better than hers!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson