Author Topic: String of retail thefts, burglaries by migrants plaguing Chicago suburb: authorities  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
String of retail thefts, burglaries by migrants plaguing Chicago suburb: authorities

Kyle Morris
Sat, January 20, 2024 at 4:00 AM EST·7 min read

A Chicago suburb has been battered by a string of recent crimes committed by migrants who live in or near the Windy City.

From Oct. 23 to Jan. 17, a total of 47 migrants were arrested in Oak Brook, Illinois, mostly for alleged property crimes, according to Brian Strockis, the chief of police for the Oak Brook Police Department.

Most of the migrants who were arrested were charged with retail theft and burglary, Strockis told Fox News Digital.

The latest incident involved an Ecuadorian migrant who resides in Chicago and is accused of stealing more than $3,000 worth of merchandise from retail stores and evading Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) supervision by cutting off his electronic monitoring device.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/string-retail-thefts-burglaries-migrants-plaguing-chicago-suburb-authorities-416250/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson