Author Topic: Texas migrant community Colony Ridge overrun with abandoned & abused dogs — inside the effort to sav  (Read 502 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Texas migrant community Colony Ridge overrun with abandoned & abused dogs — inside the effort to save them
Story by Doree Lewak • 2d

A controversial “illegal immigrant magnet” community in Texas has another problem to add to a list that includes cartels, crime and squalor: abused and abandoned animals.

Colony Ridge, located some 35 miles north of Houston and one of the biggest housing developments in the country, has more than 1,000 neglected animals in desperate need of rescue, advocates told The Post.

“The conditions are heartbreaking,” said John Rouke, a veteran who’s engineered previous animal rescues around the southern border.

Multiple rescue volunteers told The Post of seeing dogs suffering bullet or machete wounds. Others have been burned or hanged. Independent rescuer Lisa Nobel said there are hundreds of starved and emaciated dogs at a time – “maybe more” – living in the area.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-migrant-community-colony-ridge-overrun-with-abandoned-abused-dogs-now-being-saved/ar-AA1ncmzv
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
People who will treat dogs like this will treat humans like this and don't belong in this country!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson