Author Topic: This bloodthirsty Venezuelan gang has caused havoc in Latin America. Now it’s in Miami  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

This bloodthirsty Venezuelan gang has caused havoc in Latin America. Now it’s in Miami
Antonio Maria Delgado
Sat, January 20, 2024 at 5:30 AM EST·5 min read

A Venezuelan criminal gang that for the past few years has been extending its operations and causing havoc throughout Latin America has made an appearance in South Florida, police say, claiming that at least one of its members was involved in a recent Miami murder.

José Luis Sánchez Valera, a 43-year-old retired Venezuelan police officer who lived in Doral, was lured by women into a hotel room in Miami in late November and killed after he was abducted in the parking lot. Yurwin Salazar, 23, a Venezuelan immigrant who lives in South Florida, has been charged with the murder.

According to police reports, Salazar is a member of the Tren de Aragua, the infamous gang that has been terrorizing citizens of the South American country for more than a decade. Valera’s abduction, carjacking, home invasion and murder is the first documented instance of a crime committed in South Florida by a member of the gang known for its size and wanton use of violence.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bloodthirsty-venezuelan-gang-caused-havoc-103000738.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson