Author Topic: Sen. John Fetterman says ‘progressives left me’ as he urges action to secure border: ‘There is a cri  (Read 1827 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://nypost.com/2024/01/20/news/sen-john-fetterman-progressives-left-me/?dicbo=v2-EqpB8rh

Sen. John Fetterman once boasted about being a progressive. Now he doesn’t recognize them anymore.

“It’s not so much that I left the title, the title left me,” said Fetterman, 54, who edged out Dr. Mehmet Oz in 2022 to help keep the U.S. Senate blue, and once vowed that “Progressive values” were the heart of his political identity.

“Increasingly, [progressives] moved and migrated into some positions that I don’t agree with and I really just feel much more comfortable just being a Democrat,” the controversial Pennsylvania lawmaker told The Post this week during an exclusive sitdown in his D.C. office.

The interview was conducted in the dark, which his staff said was his personal preference.

One thing about Fetterman that hasn’t changed is his wardrobe. He wore his trademark Hoodie and gym shorts for the Post’s interview, and later donned a Pittsburgh Steelers pom knit hat. Well-wishers have sent him so many hoodies he doesn’t know what to do with them.

Less than four years ago, Fetterman was a Bernie Sanders-loving, true-blue progressive.

EXCERPT

This is just weird.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Maybe the new "sane" Fetterman really is a body double! The conspiracy theorists are right!  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maybe the new "sane" Fetterman really is a body double! The conspiracy theorists are right!  :thud:

Could be. No one has seen his commie wife.  She's off with the real Fett man chill'n in Brazil while this dude is body doubling!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
https://nypost.com/2024/01/20/news/sen-john-fetterman-progressives-left-me/?dicbo=v2-EqpB8rh

EXCERPT

This is just weird.

@Timber Rattler

There is something about him that ISN'T weird?

I still have a hard time believing he actually won an election. The man is nuttier than a fruit cake.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

The biggest mistake conservatives can make is thinking liberal/progressives like Fetterlump - or RFK Jr., or even Tulsi Gabbard - somehow miraculously and suddenly became "one of us." Nope, still a leftist, and let's not forget it.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Fetterman says 'American dream' threatened by 300,000 illegal immigrants swarming southern border

Sen. John Fetterman, D-Penn., lobbied for securing the U.S. southern border, telling CNN on Friday that 300,000 illegal immigrants attempting to enter the country are blocking legal migrants from their "American dream."

Fetterman spoke to CNN’s "The Lead" anchor Jake Tapper about the current migrant crisis, claiming the wave is making our immigration system "difficult." Though he noted he’s a huge proponent of legal migration, he demanded a "secure border" and questioned why his progressive critics have a problem with that.

Tapper prompted him on recent criticism from the left over his pro-Israel and pro-border security stances, asking, "Why do you think you’ve been criticized by so many progressives?" 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fetterman-says-american-dream-is-threatened-by-300-000-illegal-immigrants-swarming-southern-border/ar-BB1gZRvf?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=35bece5477634b3b972c7353a038d01d&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Tapper prompted him on recent criticism from the left over his pro-Israel and pro-border security stances, asking, "Why do you think you’ve been criticized by so many progressives?" 

@rangerrebew

Why does the left continue to misspell and misspeak the word "Regressive"?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
SneakyPete wrote:
"I still have a hard time believing he actually won an election. The man is nuttier than a fruit cake."

I realize you're not from Pennsylvania.
But... outside of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh (and the Scranton area), PA is in fact a relatively conservative, Christian state.

And Oz is a muslim, is he not?

Just put two and two together here.
And don't forget The Party's underground (and above-ground) "election apparatus", which is strong in PA...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SneakyPete wrote:
"I still have a hard time believing he actually won an election. The man is nuttier than a fruit cake."

I realize you're not from Pennsylvania.
But... outside of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh (and the Scranton area), PA is in fact a relatively conservative, Christian state.

Just put two and two together here.
And don't forget The Party's underground (and above-ground) "election apparatus", which is strong in PA...

@Fishrrman

Who is Oz?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Who is Oz?"

Mehmet Oz (sp?), the "Dr. Oz" who was the Republican candidate that Fetterman beat.

If he is NOT a muslim, I welcome documented correction from others in the forum...

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Yes, that's my understanding. Why Trump supported him is beyond me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Who is Oz?"

Mehmet Oz (sp?), the "Dr. Oz" who was the Republican candidate that Fetterman beat.

If he is NOT a muslim, I welcome documented correction from others in the forum...

@Fishrrman

Thanks!

I had forgotten all about him.

Offline corbe

I'm waiting on him to endorse DJT and all the Trumpers proclaiming he's the best thing since sliced bread.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   I'm waiting on him to endorse DJT and all the Trumpers proclaiming he's the best thing since sliced bread.

@corbe

Rude,rich orange man just lives rent-free in your head 24/7,doesn't he?

Offline corbe

@corbe

Rude,rich orange man just lives rent-free in your head 24/7,doesn't he?

I don't hate him @sneakypete I actually feel sorry for him. BUT I feel sorrier for his supporters that are mesmerized by his 'shiny object syndrome', SOS.

The Skipper is busy trying to save the passengers or is currently BANNED. 

Send that SOS, little buddy.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

The biggest mistake conservatives can make is thinking liberal/progressives like Fetterlump - or RFK Jr., or even Tulsi Gabbard - somehow miraculously and suddenly became "one of us." Nope, still a leftist, and let's not forget it.

Amen!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.