Author Topic: Teachers' union-backed network runs anti-school-choice campaign, claiming programs are 'deeply roote  (Read 271 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Teachers' union-backed network runs anti-school-choice campaign, claiming programs are 'deeply rooted' in racism
CANDACE HATHAWAY
JANUARY 19, 2024
A network backed by the National Education Association, the country's largest teachers' union, plans to run an anti-school-choice campaign, claiming that voucher programs are "deeply rooted" in racism, the Daily Caller News Foundation reported Friday.

According to school choice advocate Corey DeAngelis, Partnership for the Future of Learning, a "network of 700 education and social justice field leaders from 300+ organizations and 20 foundations," sent an "embargoed toolkit" set for the campaign's release on January 22. The network's website lists the NEA and the NEA Foundation as some of its "funders." The network is "housed and supported by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors," its website states.

The release of the new campaign coincides with National School Choice Week.

DeAngelis reported that the network's "Truth in Education Funding" tool kit's main messaging tactic is "to call school choice racist." The tool kit reportedly claims that school choice voucher programs are increasingly being adopted nationwide "despite overwhelming evidence that they are harmful public policy."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/teachers-union-backed-network-runs-anti-school-choice-campaign-claiming-programs-are-deeply-rooted-in-racism
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Speaking of racism, does anyone have a list of the most racist toilet papers?  I don't want it to rub off on me. :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson